Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Hahahaha aa. Utterly deluded. Fabulous rewrite there. You gave your team absolutely NOTHING until they went ahead.

As you well know, you were absolutely SILENT for the entire first half. Nerves I guess. You gave a 40 second go at Red Flag at the start of the second half, then went SILENT again until you scored.

You started singing 'shall we sing a song for you' on about 78 minutes, and I remember laughing, thinking, the stupid ***** have only sung two themselves so far.

Of course once the game was won you were constant and loud. Who wouldn't be?

watched it back on TV, Cherries can be clearly heard for most of the game, have a watch ;-)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Little history ? you are joking right ? we were founded in 1890 and have never not been in the football league, just because you were not making endless threads and obsessing over us does not mean we were not there. winning does not equal to history, good, bad ups and downs are all part of history and believe me we have had lots, and while i am here just to remind you all we passed FFP, do you think all your loan wages are cheap?

I assume you passed FFP because of the monies received in transfers, which is your flagship financially. What is the wage bill ? I thought it was less than ours, but others seem to differ.

Dec 29, 2011
Little history ? you are joking right ? we were founded in 1890 and have never not been in the football league, just because you were not making endless threads and obsessing over us does not mean we were not there. winning does not equal to history, good, bad ups and downs are all part of history and believe me we have had lots, and while i am here just to remind you all we passed FFP, do you think all your loan wages are cheap?

Yes, little history of note. Bouncing around the lower leagues isn't really 'history'. Leeds have history, Forest having history etc. Bournemouth do not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well done Bournemouth - not quite there yet, but likely to make it to the promised land, even if only for one season (probably).

Still, I'd be more than happy if that was us!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
watched it back on TV, Cherries can be clearly heard for most of the game, have a watch ;-)

No thanks. I don't need to.

The TV companies can position their microphones, and mix their levels to fit whatever story they are trying to write. I was on the halfway line, on the night. Bournemouth fans were very very quiet, until the goals.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Yes, little history of note. Bouncing around the lower leagues isn't really 'history'. Leeds have history, Forest having history etc. Bournemouth do not.

i think you are confusing success and history, based on your thinking why would Brighton mentioning it ? hardly 2 times European champions yourselves are you ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i think you are confusing success and history, based on your thinking why would Brighton mentioning it ? hardly 2 times European champions yourselves are you ?

Quite right. History is history, whatever the level. Rochdale have as much 'history' as anyone, regardless of silverware.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
No thanks. I don't need to.

The TV companies can position their microphones, and mix their levels to fit whatever story they are trying to write. I was on the halfway line, on the night. Bournemouth fans were very very quiet, until the goals.

There was definite nerves at some points, but also good noise at times, that said i don't think we have claimed our away support is in line with Dortmund or Galatasray, which of course yours is haha.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Deservedly champions.

Scored EIGHT at Birmingham, scored SIX at Blackpool, scored FIVE at Fulham, and have scored NINETY goals, thats FORTY SEVEN more than us.

A lot of bitterness and jealously here.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Deservedly champions.

Scored EIGHT at Birmingham, scored SIX at Blackpool, scored FIVE at Fulham, and have scored NINETY goals, thats FORTY SEVEN more than us.

more away goals than any other team in second tier history in fact, with a game to spare

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Really hope they finish third and lose to Derby in the Play-Off Final.

How can they be adheering to FFP with a stadium of 12,000 and paying Kenwyne Jones £30k a week?!?!

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Really hope they finish third and lose to Derby in the Play-Off Final.

How can they be adheering to FFP with a stadium of 12,000 and paying Kenwyne Jones £30k a week?!?!

has been said that all the extra sky games, alone covers Kenwyne Jones, the rest is simple keep most of your league1 squad, sell players for good money, and buy better players for less money than the one you sold, .....i should be a chairman.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Deservedly champions.

I don't think any of the comments have suggested that they are not a good side, have they? Mine certainly haven't.

They ARE a good side, and smug Eddie IS a talented manager. Doesn't mean I have to LIKE them, or mean that it's 'bitterness' to hope they fail.

From a purely cold eyed Albion view, I'd rather we were competing against Bournemouth, if we are in the mix next year, than Boro, Norwich or Watford. If they miss out, they'd likely lose a couple if players and won't be as strong as those others would be.

From a personal point of view I dislike Howe, and his false lovely boy image, which wins him so many friends amongst the media and officialdom, despite his teams being masters of cynical gamesmanship. I also have a problem with the media love-in and their constant peddling of the plucky little Bournemouth doing it on a shoestring myth. They must have had about £100k a week In wages on the BENCH on Friday night...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
has been said that all the extra sky games, alone covers Kenwyne Jones, the rest is simple keep most of your league1 squad, sell players for good money, and buy better players for less money than the one you sold, .....i should be a chairman.

You forgot 'get a huge windfall for a player you had arse all to do with, who left years ago when he was 12'. And spending £2.5m on a striker who never plays. And paying a million plus to players like Dan Gosling to drop down from the Prem.

theboybilly

Good on Bournemouth I say. All the other contenders have had their days in the sun so why deny the Cherries a bit of success. A fair few of their fans will have suffered for years and stayed loyal. This for me is what football is all about (I don't like the Premier League at all but that's another story)
Good on 'em - I wanted Eddie Howe to come here. No chance of that ever happening now

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't think any of the comments have suggested that they are not a good side, have they? Mine certainly haven't.

They ARE a good side, and smug Eddie IS a talented manager. Doesn't mean I have to LIKE them, or mean that it's 'bitterness' to hope they fail.

From a purely cold eyed Albion view, I'd rather we were competing against Bournemouth, if we are in the mix next year, than Boro, Norwich or Watford. If they miss out, they'd likely lose a couple if players and won't be as strong as those others would be.

From a personal point of view I dislike Howe, and his false lovely boy image, which wins him so many friends amongst the media and officialdom, despite his teams being masters of cynical gamesmanship. I also have a problem with the media love-in and their constant peddling of the plucky little Bournemouth doing it on a shoestring myth. They must have had about £100k a week In wages on the BENCH on Friday night...

I agree with absolutely every word of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here