Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
The way their fans were singing the other night you'd have assumed they were 9 points clear...

Erm... Isn't that just called great vocal support... and belief in what your team can do... aka positivity...???? Although judging by your atmosphere last Friday you'd know little of that...

Also, I believe they passed FFP recently but I assume they would likely fail the next one for the current season?

Really? :yawn: Give it up... You guys' obsession with FFP and AFC Bournemouth passing it is bordering on 'really scary'...

Lower wages than ours? Dream on.

...and you know this how exactly...? what's that?? Oh, ok... you don't.. Thought so...!!!!!

It's nice to see that some posters on this thread/board are reasoned enough to see that we are where we are because 'currently' we are the best in the league... Yep, we've played pretty averagely for the past few games, but we're still picking up points as we go along...

You'd have thought you'd have better and bigger thing to worry about than 'lil old tinpot' us...

PS...
I used to live very near Bournemouth and actually work in the town. For me it's a hole filling the gap between the far more interesting and historical towns of Christchurch and Poole.

Coming for someone that lives in Southampton... :laugh:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I brought a Chelsea supporting (STH) pal to our game against them last week. Firstly, he didn't think they were any better than us up to the point they scored, and secondly he laughed at the prospect of them playing in the prem.........'way below any team I have seen this season'..........

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I for one wish Boremuff all the best. They are where they are on merit so good luck to them. Also, if it keeps other teams that I absolutely loath(rams/hornets/tractors) out of the automatic places then I say they deserve their dream season in the premier league

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Driving back from another footballing spectacle at The Amex I was surprised, knowing how tight the top four in the Championship are, to hear discussion of Bournemouth being 1/10 for promotion.

If Watford won tonight, and they did, it would mean four teams were separated by only 2 points with three games to play, although Eddie Howe's boys have a far superior goal difference which gives them an edge.

I've just checked over-achieving Bournemouth's fixtures and they have Sheff Wed (h), Bolton (h) and then Charlton (a). That's a nice run in.

It clearly is all done and dusted as the bookies suggest* so, on behalf of NSC, I'd like to congratulate the plucky minnows from Devon (or wherever) on their historic achievement. Well played chaps.

(* - it really wouldn't be funny in the slightest if they fail to take nine points from those three games and end up in the playoffs)

If it comes to the playoffs, I think they will walk them as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I brought a Chelsea supporting (STH) pal to our game against them last week. Firstly, he didn't think they were any better than us up to the point they scored, and secondly he laughed at the prospect of them playing in the prem.........'way below any team I have seen this season'..........

It's impossible to judge any team on a single game, although we're all guilty of doing it with "team X were the worst side I've seen at the Amex all season" etc.

If you'd bought your mate to the Leeds game, he'd think we were world beaters when, alas, we're a bit short of that.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bit 'meh' about the whole thing.

Main focus is on the £100 million TB is going to give CH in the summer, and more importantly how he splashes it.

What happens above in PL is at least one season away.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Meh. Irrelevant, they'll probably spend £150m in the summer.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Whatever way you look at it, 1/10 is ridiculously short.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have nothing against Bournemouth really (well not too much) and definitely nothing against Brentford but I cant help comparing their season to ours, especially Brentford.
Bournemouth with a small ground and low attendances and 2 quality ex Brighton players look like they are going up.
Brentford with their very small ground and low attendances seem to have found that magic formula with a squad of unknowns, just up from league 1, who are playing as one with and for the manager and the club.
We have a larger stadium, high attendances and great training facilities. But that magic formula we needed that goes right through the club from top to bottom has been very sadly lacking this season.
When I think about it, it makes me feel a little sick and certainly jealous.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
£££££££ and FFP and average crowds of less than 10,000 and a Russian millionaire owner, all joined in holy matrimony. Wait for the fall out.

But, but, but, we have a billionaire owner, who is a lifelong fan, and a huge stadium (too big for us?) and crowds around 20K (double Boremuff) and a training ground and matchday experience and fanzone and the best CEO in the business and, and :cry:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I have nothing against Bournemouth really (well not too much) and definitely nothing against Brentford but I cant help comparing their season to ours, especially Brentford.
Bournemouth with a small ground and low attendances and 2 quality ex Brighton players look like they are going up.
Brentford with their very small ground and low attendances seem to have found that magic formula with a squad of unknowns, just up from league 1, who are playing as one with and for the manager and the club.
We have a larger stadium, high attendances and great training facilities. But that magic formula we needed that goes right through the club from top to bottom has been very sadly lacking this season.
When I think about it, it makes me feel a little sick and certainly jealous.

Good luck to them ...but they have been very fortunate this season with some results, and of course injuries which is unusual for any team .But hey well done if they do make it

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
They deserve it.
Would be very surprised if they don`t pick up 9 points.
Sheff Weds might cause them problems as they are a physical side but Bolton is a shoe in and Charlton away may not even matter by then.

Will be interesting to see how they are run when they are in the Premier League.
They are going to struggle to attract top players who are on good money so will have to go with what they`ve got unless Eddie Howe can pick up a few bargains.
It`ll be what they do with the TV money and if they come back down parachute payments in the future.

Dec 29, 2011
So much bitterness and jealousy on this forum. Why do people even care about Bournemouth, let alone hate them? I don't get the obsession with calling them 'plucky' or 'underdogs', is it meant to be demeaning or what? A relatively small club with little history has made it into the multi million pound premier league, surely it's what football is all about. They've been the best team in the league this season and their manager is a fantastic manager. Get over yourselves for a minute and realise what a great achievement it is for the club. People are annoyed because we had our chance and blew it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is all this crap about Bournemouth? Am I detecting some jealousy here for a small town club done well?

They are a decent club, with some of our ex players, playing excellent football and are in a position that they deserve.

Good luck to them and I wish them well if they manage to get promotion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Erm... Isn't that just called great vocal support... and belief in what your team can do... aka positivity...????

Hahahaha aa. Utterly deluded. Fabulous rewrite there. You gave your team absolutely NOTHING until they went ahead.

As you well know, you were absolutely SILENT for the entire first half. Nerves I guess. You gave a 40 second go at Red Flag at the start of the second half, then went SILENT again until you scored.

You started singing 'shall we sing a song for you' on about 78 minutes, and I remember laughing, thinking, the stupid ***** have only sung two themselves so far.

Of course once the game was won you were constant and loud. Who wouldn't be?

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
So much bitterness and jealousy on this forum. Why do people even care about Bournemouth, let alone hate them? I don't get the obsession with calling them 'plucky' or 'underdogs', is it meant to be demeaning or what? A relatively small club with little history has made it into the multi million pound premier league, surely it's what football is all about. They've been the best team in the league this season and their manager is a fantastic manager. Get over yourselves for a minute and realise what a great achievement it is for the club. People are annoyed because we had our chance and blew it

Little history ? you are joking right ? we were founded in 1890 and have never not been in the football league, just because you were not making endless threads and obsessing over us does not mean we were not there. winning does not equal to history, good, bad ups and downs are all part of history and believe me we have had lots, and while i am here just to remind you all we passed FFP, do you think all your loan wages are cheap?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Christ sake boys and girls - you're virtually safe, great ground and training facilities and you have already had a thread on swapping situations with us - and the vast majority said 'no'.

So you know you are in a decent place at the moment - it could be a WHOLE lot worse. Ourselves and you have both got lucky with wealthy owners, although I trust ours to a degree, yours is a lifelong fan with is great for you.

As for matters on the pitch - nerves could easily cock this one up. I have a horrible feeling we will be third, with Norwich and Watford filling the top 2 places..we will see!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here