Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Burnley

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Christ they are a bunch of neanderthals up there.

It's anti-football. They didn't really threaten apart from set-pieces. They'll go up and be given the 'plucky' tag as they hopefully get repeatedly spanked.

Still, it allowed them a day out in a civilised part of the country, they can sod off back into the mines.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought they were very dangerous. You can see why they are doing well. They disrupt other teams and are clinical with the chances they get.

We played well today, and we have ourselves to blame for not putting clear cut chances away.

On balance, a fair result and a great game. I'm trying to be dispassionate about it all.

I thought we totally controlled the first half, and Barton did his job after we scored getting into the refs ear and doing what he could to affect the mentality of players, fans and officials.

In the second half they started to come back into it, and deserved to equalise.

But oh, had Hemed kept calm when through and Murphy got that square ball to Wilson's feet then we'd have the points.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I thought they were very dangerous. You can see why they are doing well. They disrupt other teams and are clinical with the chances they get.

We played well today, and we have ourselves to blame for not putting clear cut chances away.

On balance, a fair result and a great game. I'm trying to be dispassionate about it all.

I thought we totally controlled the first half, and Barton did his job after we scored getting into the refs ear and doing what he could to affect the mentality of players, fans and officials.

But oh, had Hemed kept calm when through and Murphy got that square ball to Wilson's feet then we'd have the points.

Hamilton - are you seriously talking about today's game - were you there? I'm absolutely staggered by the inaccuracy of your comments.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hamilton - are you seriously talking about today's game - were you there? I'm absolutely staggered by the inaccuracy of your comments.

You'll have to help me. Which parts are inaccurate?

Did we take our chances?
Did they not look dangerous from set pieces?
Were we not the better team?
Did they not come back into it in the second half?
Was Barton not in the refs ear?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
When opposition fans resort to homophobic comments on their fans forums you know the type of people you are dealing with.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
After now having watched Brighton around 30 times or maybe more over something like a 37 year period( Am I classed as a regular?) I don't recall ever having seen them lose.I am obviously a lucky mascot and should get free tickets.

Cannot for the life of me understand how Burnley are top of the league if that's their standard of football.What tripe.Brighton should have killed it long before that gut wrenching equaliser.For some reason they keep throwing away games near the end and need to learn how to go on lockdown and neutralise the opposition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The team play like their manager did with brute force and ignorance with no regard for the laws of the game. It must be said Barton has been around a long time and knows how far to push the ref.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dull but effective. I think Sean Dyche has done a superb job there overall but it makes me laugh that he's lauded quite so much for his managerial talent. The promotion the first time around - yes, fantastic achievement. But now he's playing with a stacked deck in this division that allows him to spend a fortune on a striker like Gray. If that's the best they can come up with and Dyche is some sort of genius, then Hughton is akin to Pep Guardiola. No parachute payments, inherited a team that would have been relegated and now has his side fighting for automatic promotion, having been top of the table for more weeks than anyone else, and making the league leaders look one-dimensional and pedestrian. A bit too cautious at times for some but what an astonishing job he's done overall.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
You'll have to help me. Which parts are inaccurate?

Did we take our chances?
Did they not look dangerous from set pieces?
Were we not the better team?
Did they not come back into it in the second half?
Was Barton not in the refs ear?

They were not dangerous in the slightest. They didn't come back into it in the second half. We f***ed up. Barton did
not have the ref's ear. Pawson is an excuse for a human being.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Pretty much agree. Burnley are not top of the league by accident, they're an organised, disciplined, balanced team with a tremendous will to win. We played better football today but they disrupted us and pressured us and kept believing.

If only we could defend corners. It hurt us today just as it did at home against Boro. One thing we could learn from them both is the value of getting your set-pieces right.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ref should have issued a few cards today, let far too much go, including our players. Apart from that we were decent, desrved to win I think. I am not against Hughton trying to make us a little harder to get at when we are in front and with not long to go, but I am sure Sidwell is not the player to bring on to do it, I would rather we have Crofts or Ince back to do that.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They were not dangerous in the slightest. They didn't come back into it in the second half. We f***ed up. Barton did
not have the ref's ear. Pawson is an excuse for a human being.

I think you're looking at it through blue and white tinted spectacles.

Being dispassionate about it all, they did pose a threat - increasingly so as the second half wore on.

Baldock's industry up front was something we missed in the second half.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Pretty much agree. Burnley are not top of the league by accident, they're an organised, disciplined, balanced team with a tremendous will to win. We played better football today but they disrupted us and pressured us and kept believing.

If only we could defend corners. It hurt us today just as it did at home against Boro. One thing we could learn from them both is the value of getting your set-pieces right.

Agree. The balls they put into the box via Boyd were great.

Looking at us, we play great; we can control games, and when we get that killer instinct we'll be home and dry.

If we had a draw in the fashion that Burnley did, outplayed but sheer guts and drive getting us the point, we'd be wetting ourselves praising the team. Burnley fans will be rightly proud tonight

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If we had a draw in the fashion that Burnley did, outplayed but sheer guts and drive getting us the point, we'd be wetting ourselves praising the team. Burnley fans will be rightly proud tonight

Surely you mean pleased or happy or ecstatic, but proud of that performance, the Barton antics and the managers post match comments, if that was a Brighton performance the last thing I would be is proud.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
If one of our players had deliberately stamped on and elbowed one of the opposition and risked being sent off I would not have been proud of him, I would have been bloody livid. They can be proud of the point as they exploited a weakness in the air but should be ashamed of how much they pay that thug.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Agree. The balls they put into the box via Boyd were great.

Looking at us, we play great; we can control games, and when we get that killer instinct we'll be home and dry.

I agree with all of your comments on the game. I thought the first half was one of the best Albion performances that we've seen at the AMEX and we tailed off in the second. The ref was truly awful and should have sent Barton off which would have massively changed the direction of the game. Apart from that, we scorned some great chances and Wilson was disappointing when he came on whereas Sidwell was awful. Nevertheless, I take great heart from the game as I don't think we will make the autos but I would really fancy us in the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here