congratulations and good luck from a daggers fan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jamie_daggers

Apr 13, 2011
just want to say well done on achieving promotion. last night was one of the best games ive seen us play and lost. but when you come back twice it is the stuff of champions (even though i was gutted!). you were clearly the best team in the league and to do it at the expense of the likes of southampton and sheffield must feel even better and with a new stadium things are looking on the up.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
just want to say well done on achieving promotion. last night was one of the best games ive seen us play and lost. but when you come back twice it is the stuff of champions (even though i was gutted!). you were clearly the best team in the league and to do it at the expense of the likes of southampton and sheffield must feel even better and with a new stadium things are looking on the up.

Thanks mate. I hope and believe you guys will stay up.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
How the hell are your lot down there ? I did think the same about Swindon - so it may just be there are lots of good teams in the division this year. But last night your lot played really well. Skill, pace, and commitment.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Cheers. I actually thought you were one of the best teams to come down here this season. You didn't come for a point and your no 8 (Akinde I think) caused our defence problems all night. My only criticism is that your defence was pretty woeful. 3 goals came from basically free headers although ours wasn't much better... Good luck for the rest of the season, hope you stay up!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was quite impressed, some good attacking play and every corner of yours was dangerous, you certainly went for it. However, the space you gave us on the attack was pretty woeful and was always going to end up the way it did!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This season has given me a newfound respect for Dangenham and Redbridge. They have given us two good games, more so than any other team, and they never give up.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
You've given us a hell of a game, twice. Your players put in a huge effort last night, pressing us all over the field but your adventure thankfully gave us some space to exploit. Oh and your defending of set pieces needs working on. :wink:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This season has given me a newfound respect for Dangenham and Redbridge. They have given us two good games, more so than any other team, and they never give up.

I'd say Rochdale gave us two better games, but I agree with your sentiments :wink:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
One of the best teams to play at Withdean this season for sure though not sure if we would have struggled so much if Greer had been playing.
Always felt we would win even at 3-2 but keep playing like that and i`m sure you will stay up.
Hopefully we can do you a favour by beating Walsall and Notts County but feel fringe players might get a run out.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Daggers deserved more than no points from the game up there, and they probably deserved more than nothing last night too.

Good luck to them

Brighton til I Die

May 22, 2010
totally agree, very unluky to lose at home to us and were very good going forward last night too, 2 very good wingers and really hope they stay up. good luck D&RB

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Two suspect defenses made for a very interesting and tense game last night. If they continue to play like that and can tighten up at the back they could well stay up. Only negative point, I'd really like to give that Danny Green a smack for being a bit of a twat.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks jamie. I thought Dagenham were very unfortunate not to have got something out of the game, your team put in a fantastic effort and I am at loss to understand why you are down the bottom of the table. Akinde, Vincelot and the annoying Green were all excellent last night and gave us an almighty fight. Good luck in your relegation fight, think you proved that you were than just "a pub team from Essex" last night.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Last night the defence on both sides seemed to have gone to Clown College!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Daggers showed a lot of spirit last night and caused us problems. Certainly one of the best sides down at Withdean this season for sure.

Good luck & hope you stay up !!!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Excellent spirit from both fans and players last night...on both sides...what a tremendous match!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Daggers deserved more than no points from the game up there, and they probably deserved more than nothing last night too.

Good luck to them

I went to both games as well and have to agree. If I was a Daggers fan I would be very agrieved at getting 0 points from 6 (but obvioulsy I'm pleased we got 6)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Definitely one of if not the best attacking team to play at Withdean this year, but as someone mentioned above, the defending from set plays let you down. From memory Calderon's and Barnes' goals were both from being unmarked about 5 yards from goal at a corner. If they can sort that out then they will stay up no trouble. The pace and skill of Akinde, Green and Nurse was brilliant to watch.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just the fact that they came here and tried to win the bloody game was a good starting point. I know they need points but plenty of teams in similar positions have not had the attacking intent they did.

Their attacking set pieces were bloody frightening and they looked miles better than teams much higher up the league than them. Sincerely hope they stop up - to be where they are with their budget is some effort already.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports