Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Mainstream, maybe. However, for anyone that follows F1 Marca has a bit of a reputation for being worse than The Sport for the quality of it's F1 journalism. Hopefully it's football reporting is a bit more accurate.

Marca is the biggest daily sports newspaper in Spain and 90% of its focus is on football, they know what they are talking about when it comes to football, it is a national obssesion maybe even more so than here

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
NorthStandChat North Stand Chat
We've heard Vicente plus one other HAVE flown in from Spain and will sign for #bhafc today. Also a Prem. player of some flavour en route.

Two from spain? Prem player? What did I miss?

'of some flavour' i guess means has a bit of a dodgy past...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
North stand chat twitter just said player from prem is Afobe from Arsenal

that sounds about right. Gus highlighted him in an Argus feature i think as the best forward in league 1 last year (if it's the guy who was on loan at Hudders we're talking about)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Afobe scored twice at Withdean, Gus does love to sign players who play well against us!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've never heard of him so why the excitement ?

243 appearences for Valencia, 38 for Spain, 13 Champions League appearances, UEFA Cup winner (scored in the final), won La Liga twice......

GET EXCITED ERNEST

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Should say sure maybe not better than Silva is now, but Silva has been one of the hottest prospects in Spain for years and started playing regularly at 17 like Owen and Gerrard. Getting named for Spain squads at that age too. For alot of his career Vicente was rated higher, just too crocked.

Injury wise think Ledley King is the best example. He always pops back for a few games a year and looks great but never gets a whole season in. Last 2 years been better and assume they looked after him. Players like Woodgate or Hargreaves are not the same injury category/type I don't think. I'd take him for those cameos in a heart beat (sensible-ish wages or massive games played bonus type deal obviously). Wouldn't have to be pay as you play but give him a sensible basic, and massive bonuses?

Not just a LW could play a bit of RW but 2nd position probably is link/ACM yeah.

Love it....... No work going to get done here today!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
North stand chat twitter just said player from prem is Afobe from Arsenal

That really would be a bloody good days work and crown the best ever transfer window, with hoskins, buckley, lua lua and vincelot on the way back we will have one serious squad come our next league match.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We've been after Afobe for months. It'll be a season long loan if we do get him, which I think we will. Big, strong, technical but never really impresses, apart from a Barnes like ability to stick the ball in the onion bag.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The NSC twitter mentioned TWO players were flying over from Spain And one from the prem. Vincente and Afobe, but who is the other?!?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We've been after Afobe for months. It'll be a season long loan if we do get him, which I think we will. Big, strong, technical but never really impresses, apart from a Barnes like ability to stick the ball in the onion bag.

Well he tore us apart at Withdean, and tore some team apart on sky towards end of last year! Notts County I believe, so defo a great player to have on the bench.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here