Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
THIS!! Would be incredible and make everyone else in football, not just our league but the whole of Europe, sit up and take notice of us.

Please be true!
It will spread the word of Brighton for sure. If someone like Liverpool or Tottenham signed him, people would be saying good signing, but for US to do it. Wow.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't think some of you realise quite HOW good he is. When fit this man went through a stage of keeping Mata (You know the one Chelsea just paid 25 MILLION for) out of the side. He's on a different level. I would FAINT if it were true.

smelling salts nurse

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cannot begin to hope this will happen....ffs this is/ was a world class player.

To think we all got excited about moonwalking baz at one time.

Blimey

westy

Jul 25, 2003
This is bonkers! He is QUALITY. If he signs AND is match fit that will be one hell of a signing!!

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
hang on a sec... if he's been released from valencia, then surely the transfer deadline doesnt apply to free transfers????

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
hang on a sec... if he's been released from valencia, then surely the transfer deadline doesnt apply to free transfers????

After the deadline today the loan transfer opens again next week, this applies to free transfers also.

So he wouldnt be able to sign for a week, and more clubs may take notice

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure Palace will match this with some super-signing of their own.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
Hi. I'm new here. First of all, sorry for my bad English. I'm from Valencia and just wanted to inform us about him and about the rumours here. I heard about this in Spanish radio station Cadena Ser yesterday night and I thought it was legit because the journalist who said it is good friends with Vicente for many years (Pedro Morata. He writes for As newspaper too) and the information was first hand. If finally the signing is announced, I can give you all the info about him, since I have followed his career since he was 16. At that moment he was already one of the biggest prospects of Spanish football, playing for the U16 NT and with Real Madrid and Arsenal wanting to sign him (but he's a Valencia supporter since child and his dream was to play for them, so he rejected those offers back then).

He scored 18 goals 2004 season and more or less the same number of assists. He is mainly a vertical player, amazing crosses and dribbling. His pace may not be the same that was before his ankles surgery, but he can still be a very good player. The few games Emery let him play this season he did it very good.

I don't think some of you realise quite HOW good he is. When fit this man went through a stage of keeping Mata (You know the one Chelsea just paid 25 MILLION for) out of the side. He's on a different level. I would FAINT if it were true.

At his best around 2004, not only he was better than present day Mata or Silva...he was at Cristiano Ronaldo level. He was one of the best players in the world; chosen best player in the Spanish Liga that season; he was the main reason Valencia won Liga, UEFA Cup and European Supercup that year; part of the starting XI in the Spanish NT (his debut was at 19 in March 2001 and won 39 cups in 4 years. Last time he was called up was in Nov 2005 at 24).

And you are right about him kicking out Mata of the starting XI when Unai Emery finally decided to play him the last 3 months of season 2009-10. The reason he haven't played more the past 3 seasons wasn't his injury problems, but his bad relationship with Coach Emery. In fact, last season he hasn't injury problems and he was available 90% of the season (only a minor microfibre strain in January and he recovered in 2 weeks). In season 2008-09 he played 45 games.

"I was at Euro 2004 in Portugal with the national side when [Real Madrid president] Florentino [Perez] told me he wanted to sign me. He did not convince me as I just wanted to renew with Valencia and the president said no. Real Madrid made a €36 million offer for me, but Valencia turned the bid down. That was the end of the Madrid links."

So in his day this guy was seriously top drawer.

Not only Real Madrid, but Manchester United, Barça, Arsenal, Liverpool, Inter, Milan, Juve, etc All the big clubs in Europe wanted to sign him in 2000-2005. The 2 more interested were Manchester and Madrid, but he never wanted to leave Valencia. In the last 3 years he rejected offers from Liverpool, PSG, Schalke, Tottenham and a few Turkish and Russian clubs.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

That excited!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here