Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This from Sky Sports in June 2011: "Valencia winger Vicente expects to join a Premier League club on a free transfer this summer and will make a decision on his future in the next few days. The 29-year-old is out of contract with Valencia at the end of this month after 11 years with the Primera Liga side. Blackburn, Newcastle and top-flight newcomers Swansea have all been linked with a swoop for the former Spain international. And Vicente admits he "desires to play in the Premier League" and is close to reaching a deal. He told Spanish newspaper Superdeporte: "In a few days I will decide my future and it will be in England. Vicente has notched up almost 250 appearances for Valencia since arriving from boyhood side Levante back in 2000."

And from the Mirror (look at the last sentence!!): "Brighton have confirmed the signing of former Spain midfielder Vicente Rodriguez. The 30-year-old left Valencia in the summer and has joined the Seagulls on a one-year deal. Vicente has been capped 38 times by his country, and also has two Primera Division titles and a UEFA Cup winner's medal to his name. Albion manager Gus Poyet told the club's official website: "Vicente is the special player we wanted. "He has great qualities in terms of his ability and flexibility to play in a range of different positions. "He also brings a great experience having played at the top level for the last 10 years with Valencia. "This is a major coup to bring him to the Amex." BIRMINGHAM have confirmed striker Chris Wood has extended his loan deal with the club until October 2.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Club shop at the Amex today at 3-10pm

013.JPG

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
If I don't see several hundred Vicente shirts at our next home game I'm going to be mightily pee'd off.

WEVEGOT5FOOTCOX!

Oct 13, 2008
the desert- (middle east)
soo relieved to finally receive official word on the transfer been glued to this thread for 2 days non-stop. Think i might have to get 'Vicente 15' printed on my vintage shirt now. Best of the old and the best of the new albion in one.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Incredible. I've never experienced a big name signing before and it feels GREAT!! To be honest if I was a Stoke fan and just paid £12m for Crouch I'd be feeling robbed right now considering a player of far more quality has been signed for nothing!

Vicente laa la la Vicente laa la la!!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Last edited:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
BBC Football headline news :

Football - Dzeko and Ferguson win prize
Football - Plymouth strike averted
Football - Something about Wales
Football - Something about Ireland
Football - Something about Ireland
Brighton - Vicente signs for Brighton
Scotland - Something about Scotland
Football - Something about Essien
Football - Downing being gobby
Scotland - God knows or even cares

We are more than football we are Brighton and we now make the news.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I may just have to swoop to Lidl on the way home and pick up one of their massive bottles of sangria to celebrate tonight.

Rioja and chorizo for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here