Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conference interest?

Would you watch Crawley if Albion had no game?

• Yes, whenever I could.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Maybe once or twice.

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Only if I was seriously desperate.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Go play on the runway Gatwick boy. No chance!

Votes: 19 36.5%

• Total voters

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
Hello :wave:

Genuine enquiry! Please spare us the abuse.

Just wondered if, say, Albion had no game or were a million miles away on the road, whether many or any Albion fans would even consider watching Crawley's Conference games next season.

It's not far away, decent stadium and we have a few ex Seagulls (Dan Marney, Paul Armstrong, Kevin Hemsley) in the side, maybe even more by next season (Pitcher????).

You could always go in the away end and support the likes of Hereford, Carlisle or York if you really wanted to.

You'd be very welcome.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Never know why there's any hatred between Crawley and the Albion. I never see anything negative posted on here, and in fact, quite a few NSC'ers try to get along to Crawley when they can. From my brief visit on the CT boards, it seemed to be full of Anti-Albion chat. I always look out for the Crawley score and was dead chuffed to see them make it into the Conference.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Support Hereford? Are you mad?

We'd last a nano-second amongst their lot.

Also, in answer to your question-sorry, but wouldn't watch Crawley-simply because I don't really have any interest (ex-Albion players or not). I hope you do well next season but that's where my interest ends.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'll be there when I can.

Pitcher would be a fantastic signing for you but unfortunately you will never be able to afford his wages and he will go to one of the top teams.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
You can have Watson for free if you want? What about Lee?

It's going to be a garage sale down here this summer!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No thanks, not a crawley fan. Im not happy giving that club the time of day let alone my money. Only pay to see Crawley if Brighton were playing them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would have to say sadly, no. Despite it's geographical location I don't really regard Crawley as a Sussex club (a bit like Bognor in fact). I know that is both wrong and stupid, but this is football we're talking about so you'll just have to forgive me. My feelings are probably jaundiced by the fact that when I used to go to the place a lot in the 70s in was full of Chelsea fans - and this is when Brighton were doing well!

Lewes, Whitehawk or perhaps Worthing for me, however if you can convince me that Crawley is now 80% Albion I'll reconsider.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I wonder if Chelsea and Tottenham had similar threads to this: If Brighton get to the play off final would you go and watch them?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brovian said:
Lewes, Whitehawk or perhaps Worthing for me, however if you can convince me that Crawley is now 80% Albion I'll reconsider.
Hopefully for them it's now about 80% Crawley!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Simster said:
Hopefully for them it's now about 80% Crawley!
True! I remember Barry Lloyd saying that if Crawley were a League club they would 'bury Brighton for support'. Perhaps that's another reason for my antipathy, I can see them becoming our rivals!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I usually go to Worthing or Lewes if Albion aren't playing (usually go midweek). I've only been to see Crawley once, against Weymouth this season. Didn't like the homophobia and bile that was projected towards the Weymouth fans so probably wouldn't go again

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brovian said:
True! I remember Barry Lloyd saying that if Crawley were a League club they would 'bury Brighton for support'. Perhaps that's another reason for my antipathy, I can see them becoming our rivals!
Eh? How big is Crawley? It ain't a city of 280,000 that's for sure. And it's not as geographically isolated meaning it doesn't have the "hinterland" Albion should enjoy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would rather gnaw my own leg off at the knee than go and watch conference football.

I went and watched Lewes once last year and after 10 minutes, I wanted to go home, or at least hit the bar

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
dave the gaffer said:
I would rather gnaw my own leg off at the knee than go and watch conference football.

I went and watched Lewes once last year and after 10 minutes, I wanted to go home, or at least hit the bar

Just like Swindon then? :D

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Simster said:
Eh? How big is Crawley? It ain't a city of 280,000 that's for sure. And it's not as geographically isolated meaning it doesn't have the "hinterland" Albion should enjoy.
True, but don't you think that if Crawley were successful they could eat into the Brighton 'hinterland'? After all when Palace were last in the Prem there were 'lifelong' Palace fans as far south as Burgess Hill, plus others who converted from being casual Albion fans to being committed Palace ones. The same thing happend to a lesser extent with Wimbledon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here