Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concert Ticket Prices

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Exactly. It's the same as the people moaning about the price of Arsenal tickets at the Amex. They sold out so there was nothing wrong with the pricing. Personally, I wouldn't see Paul McCartney or Fleetwood Mac if they were playing in The Hiker's Rest for a fiver - but thousands of people would ... and the tickets are priced accordingly

Agree 100% with this, Never been a Fleetwood Mac or McCartney fan and wouldn't pay £25 let alone £125. I bit the bullet and paid £95 for the Stones at Hyde Park 18 months ago. It was the most I have ever paid for a ticket and wondered if I had made a mistake and blown a ton. No regrets, I loved every minute of it. Its when you fork out big money for a lousy performance that you feel cheated. All about personal taste and what you think is worth paying. I have tickets for The Who, Weller, Johnny Marr plus the Kaiser Chiefs at Hyde Park this Summer. For eighty quid a ticket, I actually think that is bordering on bargain to see those names on the same bill.

Compared to Clapped out Ray Davies who wanted £75 a ticket last year?! .

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I paid £100 for Gilmour tickets, and it's more than likely that this will be last opportunity to see him perform live given that he is almost 70. I've also paid £42 to see the Albion this season and that was a waste of money!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not really bothered how much the heritage acts charge - you know you're paying a massive amount for that kind of 'see them once before they die' thing. It amazes me how quickly newer bands prices go up now though - bands with one album should not be charging upwards of £20 for a ticket at Brighton Dome etc. People should be more savvy and stop paying the silly prices. Need people who go to gigs just because, and chat all the way through, to piss off and find something else to spend their money on so the rest of us can enjoy gigs at reasonable prices!

Most I ever paid was £70 for Springsteen - which I actually think is quite reasonable given the length of his set and what other artists of similar stature charge.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Most I ever paid was £70 for Springsteen - which I actually think is quite reasonable given the length of his set and what other artists of similar stature charge.

At least with Springsteen you KNOW you're going to get value for money in terms of the length of the show and the variety in the setlists - he is one of only two artists I WILL see play every time they visit this country, come hell or high water.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
£140 to hear McCartney crack out Hey Jude for the thousandth time in the last five years?

I'm prepared to face some stick for this, but...here goes....I don't actually think his singing voice is all that. There. Argue with me :)

Wouldn't dare!

He is well past his sell by date and I don't understand why he even bothers touring. He certainly doesn't need the money.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Most I ever paid was £125 a ticket for Led Zep at the O2. Not even sure why now, other than the crack of entering a ballot with 20 million other people with zero expectation of winning. Was pretty gobsmacked to come back from Withdean after a midweek match, a bit pissed, to find a mail in me junkmail telling me I'd been selected 'on a first come first served basis' to purchase two tickets for the most eagerly anticipated gig on the planet. Naturally assumed that it would be some sort of scam, but heigh-ho with drink taken, sent them me credit card details anyway. And - blimey! - turned out to be genuine! :ohmy:

It cost me £7.50 to see them and others for the whole day at Knebworth.

Jul 7, 2003
It's all about perceived value when it comes to buying concert tickets.

I'm currently debating whether to buy AC/DC tickets when they pass through in September. $140 a ticket (inc. booking fee). The venue is outside in a huge park just north of downtown, on a Thursday evening, so the weather is a factor as well as transport. Had they played at the ACC (Air Canada Centre) which is indoors and way more convenient transport wise, I'd have purchased.

I agree about perceived value. I have AC/DC tickets for Wembley in July and they were £80 including booking fees etc. and, whilst I baulk at paying such prices, as this is likely to be their last tour then I thought it worth the premium. Last year Aerosmith and a bunch of support bands I had no real interest in were at Clapham Common and I decided not to pay the £70 plus fees for that one. The £16 for Alestorm at the Concorde was great value!

The problem now is that 'big' names know that they can make more money from one or two overpriced nights at the O2 than they would with a proper UK arena tour and can either take less time touring or go to more countries more quickly. All of the time people are willing to stump up the cash, it will continue to happen. Of course, if there were to be a few big name tours of this type that didn't sell out, maybe they would reconsider but I fear that is a forlorn hope.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I've rarely paid more than £25 for a gig ticket. Often find I enjoy a £15-£20 gig at Shoreham's Ropetackle far more than a big venue anyway (eg Curved Air, Ian Hunter, Eddie & The Hot Rods). Going to see Nine Below Zero in a month or two. Much rather that than some mega-act three miles away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here