Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Concerned about prolific poster

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn't be surprised. This place is full of egotistical, stuck up their own arse bullies.

I disagree. Apart from it being hard to be a bully while at the same time stick up one's own arse, most of the offense perceived is misunderstandings. An internet forum isn't easy for some people to navigate. This one has dozens of excellent and lovely people posting. I am happy to be corrected later but it seems that SB has been having issues that have lowered his threshold, Hopefully when he sees all the love (posted to day) he'll be back. :thumbsup:

Edit: just seen the later conversation and comments from SB. I leave what I wrote. All the best!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not specifically Stat or this thread but I'm always amazed at how people on here have such indepth knowledge of people's posting style, or politics or favourite kitkat etc. Plus all the little feuds, like the whole mystifying Swansman thing that gets people so wound up. There are different levels of engagement on here I guess, some people in balls-deep others just tea-bagging their way through NSCland.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I think this has just been a poor effort at a flounce. Some basics have been missed.

Where was the new thread started to declare you were sick of NSC? Where was the demand that Bozza remove every post you ever made plus all related posts?

Frankly this was amateur hour! And to think he criticised transfer rumour posters for not following the simplest of rules...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You're all very kind, I'll be back soon enough.

Just one correction though.
I'm not so flakey as to have one comment swoon me to the floor.

The poster in question does that to me every 3 or 4 months and has done for years.
I don't moan, I don't ignore, I just take it as the usual back and forth - although in this case it has been one way traffic for years. I know not why, there's every chance I even 'started it', after all I too can have my moments.

But seeing that comment picked on days after it was made, just really annoyed and saddened me.
(Much like being told random threads (the lifeblood of this place) are pointless)

As said in my response if I can't be a silly arse here - then what's the point, as I can no longer be a silly arse anywhere.

See you soon.

You seem like a very polite bloke. Good enough. You don’t need to justify yourself. Keep on doing what you do.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I really don't think that's the case at all, in fact I think pretty much the opposite.

Whenever someone on here is in genuine need, there has always been a rallying round of genuine support and empathy. Most people on here are decent folk who want to do right by others.

"Most" does not equal "all" of course, and I think we have successfully weeded out the majority of those who are intent on being unpleasant. It's an ongoing mission though...

Then with respect, you must look at the forum with rose tinted specs.

I don't disagree that those who ask for help get exactly what they ask for and that's brilliant but I cringe regularly when every single spelling mistake or minute grammatical error is leapt upon with sly gusto and the poster is often vilified. That's bullying in my eyes.

And that's just one generalised example.

I would also refer you to back to Mustafagate. I see other posters getting a similar treatment and it only takes one post to encourage others to pile in.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I disagree. Apart from it being hard to be a bully while at the same time stick up one's own arse, most of the offense perceived is misunderstandings. An internet forum isn't easy for some people to navigate. This one has dozens of excellent and lovely people posting. I am happy to be corrected later but it seems that SB has been having issues that have lowered his threshold, Hopefully when he sees all the love (posted to day) he'll be back. :thumbsup:

Edit: just seen the later conversation and comments from SB. I leave what I wrote. All the best!

There are more than dozens of excellent and nice people posting on this forum (you included and no I'm not a lickspittle) but there are definitely some complete and utter arrogant and condescending ********s. :thumbsup:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Sometimes it's hard to be "mindful" (or count to 10 before responding if you prefer) in the modern world. It's especially easy to vent on the internet. I've often gone back to edit/remove a post to "...." or "cba" after realising a few minutes later "what are you doing?! Chill, baby". In fact, I often enjoy NSC more by just lurking and reading rather than contributing.

edit - also hope SB comes back soon.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Think yourself lucky you've been missed. I stopped posting for a month a while back and no one noticed.

Take care though, I'll hopefully see you at some point in the ESL, maybe Spurs if you're going.

I stopped posting for a long while and nobody noticed as I tend to write drivel…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are more than dozens of excellent and nice people posting on this forum (you included and no I'm not a lickspittle) but there are definitely some complete and utter arrogant and condescending ********s. :thumbsup:

You may be right. To be fair, I'm unlikely to know because I probably have the worst of them on ignore :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've got to admit that i have mixed feeings for SB as his nsc persona can be hectoring , intolerant and deeply unamusing at times. But hey that's why i occasionally ignore him rather than follow him around being obnoxious. I save that sort of behaviour for HWT on music threads.

:lolol:

To be fair, I've not done anything to provoke you now for a very long time. No more than one post per music thread per day? Done. Disciplined. ???

:wink:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Feel for you Stat, hope you feel comfortable enough posting again soon. I've had a mod of all people hammer me for days at one point in the last few months quite clearly wanting to drive me away from the board, it absolutely sucks, especially when we're all here with one thing in common. You should feel at home here SB, and not targeted by nasty little trolls with nothing better to do, I look forward to seeing you posting more regularly again soon! :albion2:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Feel for you Stat, hope you feel comfortable enough posting again soon. I've had a mod of all people hammer me for days at one point in the last few months quite clearly wanting to drive me away from the board, it absolutely sucks, especially when we're all here with one thing in common. You should feel at home here SB, and not targeted by nasty little trolls with nothing better to do, I look forward to seeing you posting more regularly again soon! :albion2:

Yeah I mean there's quite a few of us. I hope it will be possible to put mods on the ignore list on the next forum version. I understand they have to be able to get through with important messages but should be possible to ignore them from the everyday forum life.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is what it must be like in the girls toilets in a club or whatever a load of other lasses swooning around the upset party telling her how wonderful she is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah I mean there's quite a few of us. I hope it will be possible to put mods on the ignore list on the next forum version. I understand they have to be able to get through with important messages but should be possible to ignore them from the everyday forum life.

I find it ironic that you are replying to a poster I have on ignore.

I tried to put a moderator on ignore once. But I would, though. Wouldn't I, though? :shrug:

im-watching-watch-you.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is what it must be like in the girls toilets in a club or whatever a load of other lasses swooning around the upset party telling her how wonderful she is.

You haven't read the room, on this occasion :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here