Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely RANDOM things about Brighton & Hove...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Gaiety2.gif

I think you'll find someone on NSC used to work there..

:laugh:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Antyone remember that teenage clothes shop called "Colt" on the lower level of the old concrete Churchill Square (round the corner from Tescos).

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
How about those tracksuits that kids used to wear for their junior football teams? I think they all came from a sports shop in Nevill Rd?

They were all the same design, with a hood, made from itchy polyester and came in the team coulours with the team name on the back, in my case, 'Coombe Rovers YFC'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How about those tracksuits that kids used to wear for their junior football teams? I think they all came from a sports shop in Nevill Rd?

They were all the same design, with a hood, made from itchy polyester and came in the team coulours with the team name on the back, in my case, 'Coombe Rovers YFC'

Normally John Rose supplied them but they went out of business a few years back.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Normally John Rose supplied them but they went out of business a few years back.

Hmmm? Wasn't that David Rose and I'm sure it was another shop that didn't actually stock any sports stuff apart from these track suits and custom team kits.

Getting these tracksuits was the only reason why I went to Nevill Rd but I used to go to David Rose (when it was at the dials) loads.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
How about the MASSIVE red rope climbing frame they used to have in Prestion Park? Sadly removed when LOUTS slashed it.

I'm sure, at the top, you were ever so slightly in the Death Zone

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hmmm? Wasn't that David Rose and I'm sure it was another shop that didn't actually stock any sports stuff apart from these track suits and custom team kits.

Getting these tracksuits was the only reason why I went to Nevill Rd but I used to go to David Rose (when it was at the dials) loads.

Correct was David Rose

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
How about the MASSIVE red rope climbing frame they used to have in Prestion Park? Sadly removed when LOUTS slashed it.

I'm sure, at the top, you were ever so slightly in the Death Zone

:thumbsup:

There used to be a MASSIVE (At least it felt MASSIVE, at the time) slide at Blakers Park. Just got worn down, in t'end.

D

Deleted User X18H

A an open top Bristol Lodeka chug chug chugging up Snakey Hill, The Glass Animal Man up Queens Road, Ther Brighton and Hove Schoools six a side competetion on West Blatchington School field, Platform 4 Preston Park Station!!! (havn't metion that for a while)

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
The best form of public transport ever.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,407

Not exactly childhood memories - because I didn't move to Brighton until I was 18. But early ones for me.

Shops in St James's Street - Vogel's Bakery (with the permanent tribute to Winston Churchill in the window) and hot doughnuts filled with fresh peach; The Pie Shop; Jo-Jo's cockle shop.

Maxine's caff in George Street, Brighton.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Philby's toy shop, in Lewes Rd, near the bottom of Elm Grove. Used to spend plenty of time in there on Saturdays when I was a kid.

That is a great call.

Do you remember the little display cabinet with all the matchbox cars in it? Wasn't he (Mr Filby) an albino? Didn't he also wear the traditional brown shopkeepers jacket?

Red & White striped paper bags with 'Filbys' from their as well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here