Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complaint 28 bus to Lewes tonight from Amex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Whilst the driver was saying that he wasnt going to move there were empty seats upstairs. I was at the back of the queue and seeing the numbers waiting didnt expect to get on and was resigned to that. Yes the situation was 100% of the drivers making and could easily have been avoided.

Just one final thing on this subject, if you were at the back of the queue and numbers were such that you didn't think you were going to get on, how on earth did you hear what the driver was saying?, surely you would have been much to far away from the door to hear?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was at the back of the queue initially but as people got on so I and the rest of my party of four moved up towards the doors of the bus and had it left we would have been at the head of the queue for the next bus.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
First of all if there were too many on the bus then he shouldn't have allowed the excess passengers on in the first place. Drivers Fault
However if he genuinely didn't realise that there were, then he is quite within his rights to "down tools" as someone put it for safety reasons and the reason he could lose his job if anyone got hurt on that bus too (people would sue nowadays just because they can).
I wasn't there but I can only imagine and from the details given on here, it was one or two or more of the passengers causing the ugly scenes, as some people simply don't like being told no or what to do by anyone. Especially a Bus driver !! God Forbid the little man gets above his station with me attitudes !!!!
From what has been said on here Bus Driver Correct, Passengers Wrong ????

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
First of all if there were too many on the bus then he shouldn't have allowed the excess passengers on in the first place. Drivers Fault
However if he genuinely didn't realise that there were, then he is quite within his rights to "down tools" as someone put it for safety reasons and the reason he could lose his job if anyone got hurt on that bus too (people would sue nowadays just because they can).
I wasn't there but I can only imagine and from the details given on here, it was one or two or more of the passengers causing the ugly scenes, as some people simply don't like being told no or what to do by anyone. Especially a Bus driver !! God Forbid the little man gets above his station with me attitudes !!!!
From what has been said on here Bus Driver Correct, Passengers Wrong ????

Wouldnt say that, but both parties seem to partially to blame - but the driver shouldnt be in the wrong at all in all honesty, had they acted professionally - then maybe it may not have happened like this.

The phrase "Mountain out of a Molehill" comes to mind here, especially with the police response.

I know I am old but in the "good old days" Southdown ran the buses in Worthing and after events or at busy times put on a relief bus that went part of the journey to relieve the pressure and the passengers transferred for the rest of the journey back to the service bus. Similatr could happen after the matches finish.

I am not suggesting that a bus should be taken from those allocated to the P & R but an additional bus, like a relief be put on and after the journey to Lewes it then joined the P & R as an additional bus to help out the route that is busiest. A similar one could do the same from The Amex to the gyratory and back again. That would mean 2 buses 2 drivers and the normal bus service would then possibly be able to cope with the passengers using that route.

In the 'good old days' buses companies were a public service and not private companies out to make a profit. As such they could put on the extra services that you suggest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here