Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compensation...

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I meant it wasn't my fault...

The other "poor sod" was a rather hoity posh bird in a big Volvo on her way to an event at a posh school and thinking she didn't need to pay much attention to anyone else on the road... I couldn't care less about her being inconvenienced (although I don't think she would be...).

Interesting that people speaking up are so definite about this particularly scummy crime of exaggeration. I'm sure we could think of 100 equivalent moral "dilemmas" that would be treated differently. Most people I know would happily exaggerate an insurance claim if there was no risk involved (e.g. get a whole room redecorated when only one wall really needs doing...).

For information, as an upstanding family man, I am not pursuing this "opportunity" - but I know plenty would.

I had a friend who claimed on the house insurance for all sorts of things. Oops, tin of paint fell down the stair carpet. Oops, heavy hubby put his foot through the bath. Oops, dropped a fag on the lino. They made a number of claims and became uninsurable - no company would touch them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was offered £2k in settlement for a car accident I was involved in, but I said no. I want a lot more than £2k, I seem to have completely lost my memory, as I can't even remember being involved in the accident.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Well, well, just look at the ad which has popped up, top right. "Are you due compensation?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here