Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compensation...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I wondered what was going on when it didn't come on at 8.30.

He doesn't have a legitimate claim.
He was picked up by an Accident Management Company, referred to JC&A (netting the AMC a nice referral fee), JC&A will initiate a claim, and if successful, the OP will net £2-£3K, the solicitors will charge the insurers a £750-£1500 fee so that's roughly £3-£4K passed onto us, the innocent Policy Holders.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You have the bones of it correct. All seems quite straightforward and a modest financial recompense for being crashed into by a bad driver.

er, you dont seem to have read it all: you have to lie about your aches and pains, so its fraud. its why we have to pay so much in premuims. and drag the other poor sod into it probably. you said it was no fault, so let it be.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You have the bones of it correct. All seems quite straightforward and a modest financial recompense for being crashed into by a bad driver.

Without discussing the rights and wrongs of this system - why would anyone who was injured not mention it to their insurer at the time of the claim ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If OP might get £2,000, wonder what the scavenger 'solicitor' would generate, in fees.. And where did they get your info?

The insurance companies SELL crash data to the claims companies ...... and then have the balls to claim high premiums are because of these very schemes ! CORRUPT, CORRUPT, CORRUPT.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
er, you dont seem to have read it all: you have to lie about your aches and pains, so its fraud. its why we have to pay so much in premuims. and drag the other poor sod into it probably. you said it was no fault, so let it be.
I meant it wasn't my fault...

The other "poor sod" was a rather hoity posh bird in a big Volvo on her way to an event at a posh school and thinking she didn't need to pay much attention to anyone else on the road... I couldn't care less about her being inconvenienced (although I don't think she would be...).

Interesting that people speaking up are so definite about this particularly scummy crime of exaggeration. I'm sure we could think of 100 equivalent moral "dilemmas" that would be treated differently. Most people I know would happily exaggerate an insurance claim if there was no risk involved (e.g. get a whole room redecorated when only one wall really needs doing...).

For information, as an upstanding family man, I am not pursuing this "opportunity" - but I know plenty would.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Without discussing the rights and wrongs of this system - why would anyone who was injured not mention it to their insurer at the time of the claim ?
Aches and pains often come and go. A lot of people aren't aware they can claim and just put up with discomforts.

Jimmy boy 69

Nov 24, 2012
Brighton
Anyone know much about it?

I have been contacted by a solicitor claiming to be able to fairly straightforwardly get me something like £2,000 following a no fault minor car prang I was involved in 18 months ago.

Very hard sell and very sharp practice involved regarding, shall we say, economy with the truth over extent of resultant aches and pain. ("Still suffering from occasional back pain you say, Sir?")

Crux of it was that money is "set aside" by insurers to compensate people and I'd be a mug not to accept what is available to me... no medical examinations and all easy.

Any experience, or professional knowledge, on here?

I was a passenger in a car accident a few years ago, it was the fault of the driver whos car i was in but anyway, I was knocked out cold for about 8 hrs had a sprained thumb, bad concussion and a hole the size of a 50 pence piece in my head that they had to glue back together the swelling was immense.... I ended up gettin £5500 after 18 mnths of medicals and stuff, at the end of the day if it has affected your life i would claim, if not it is people that claim when nothing is wrong that pushes up the price for everyone......bottom line is if everyone was honest we wouldn't have such high premiums......
Take it as you wish

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I am a solicitor and can guarantee no sane, self respecting and more importantly professional solicitor touches this stuff with a barge pole. For the record a solicitor gets paid £500 for this low end car accident work and to risk a career on submitting a 'dodgy' claim for that sum is insanity. Easy to give us a bad press (and I wish the press would make clear 99% of this stuff, including PPI etc is really nothing to do with proper law firms - and as a profession we don't do ourselves any favours PR wise at times) but I guarantee any client I've acted for has (a) been injured, (b) is out of pocket financially and (c) got only what is fair and reasonable. The few times someone has come into my office and clearly got no injury and frankly on the facts seems to have actively encouraged the accident to happen as part of an attempted scam, they've gone out the front door before they had chance to get comfortable and have been more likely to actually injure themselves with the speed they have been ushered out of the door and down a steep light of steps by us! The one other thing I will say is people shouldn't underestimate or belittle what actually being injured is like and can mean for someone in terms of lost income if self employed, actual physical pain etc - rarely will a genuinely injured person say a bad word against their solicitor if the job has been done properly.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I was a passenger in a car accident a few years ago, it was the fault of the driver whos car i was in but anyway, I was knocked out cold for about 8 hrs had a sprained thumb, bad concussion and a hole the size of a 50 pence piece in my head that they had to glue back together the swelling was immense.... I ended up gettin £5500 after 18 mnths of medicals and stuff, at the end of the day if it has affected your life i would claim, if not it is people that claim when nothing is wrong that pushes up the price for everyone......bottom line is if everyone was honest we wouldn't have such high premiums......
Take it as you wish

Well said, hoping you're fully recovered.

Three weeks ago, I was a passenger in a colleagues car, stationary at a roundabout waiting for a gap to open up when the car behind us hit our car in the rear at about 15-20 mph.
I'd be guaranteed a quick and easy payout if claiming, as the other party were clearly at fault (witnesses, photo's and circumstances etc.)

No injury and no harm done. No claim.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
From a professional point of view.
1: Money is not set aside by insurers.
2: Exaggeration is fraud.
3: I'm a Motor Claims Fraud Investigator.

:beer:

When I worked in the finance dept of an insurance company [inc motor cover] I'm sure they had to maintain a "claims pot" fund which was somehow linked to premiums and risks [actuarial chaps calculated this]. This was to ensure they were always able to pay out when necessary.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As I understand it, you are unlikely to get taken to court and prosecuted for this fraud if discovered, but you will find it impossible to get insurance in the future, which might make driving difficult.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
For information, as an upstanding family man, I am not pursuing this "opportunity" - but I know plenty would.

This thread says so much about you as a person even considering this fraudulent "opportunity" as you put it.

We all get these calls regularly, or maybe it just me as i have been involved in 2 no fault accident in quick succession !

As soon as the say "we understand you had a no fault accident recently" i just tell them , no they are mistaken and they hang up.
Why would you even want to converse with these people to tell them of your accident is beyond me.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The initial phonecall came from "Ultimate Contact Solutions" and once we'd established I had a workable case I was put in touch with "John Cunningham & Associates".

Ultimate Contact Solutions
www.ultimatecontactsolutions.co.uk Cached
Ultimate Contact Solutions provide a range of call centee outsourcing, campaign management and telemarketing services including (but not limited to):

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here