Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commuting by car advice

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Leaves at 5 in the morning and get home at 9 in the evening

Cripes!!! I thought I had it tough. I leave at 5.40am and get home at 8pm commuting from Brighton to Tottenham by train. Fortunately I only do it 3 days a week now.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
And cost, It cost him £16 per day in fuel, He would rather not drive but there is no real alternative. Leaves at 5 in the morning and get home at 9 in the evening. He can't get a room for that money hence the commute, what would a train ticket from Hove to Southampton at peak times.
£26 for a daily anytime ticket, but a weekly season is £61.80 which works out at £12.36/day if used five days. A monthly season is £237.40 which works out at £11.30/day if used on 21 days.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
£26 for a daily anytime ticket, but a weekly season is £61.80 which works out at £12.36/day if used five days. A monthly season is £237.40 which works out at £11.30/day if used on 21 days.

That don't sound too bad, i will let him know cheers.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I would have thought you could find a B&B for not much more per night than the £20-£30 it'll cost to drive each day. Put a value on your time in the car and commuting that distance isn't worth it. At my work in Shoreham we have people doing the weekly commute from as far away as Norwich!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here