Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Commiserations - Today's the anniversary of us losing America.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, I guess as an American who was excited to join this site I should probably avoid this thread. We’re not all bad, by the way.

The way NSC works, you do realise you’re responsible for every one and everything America does wrong? And don’t go using that old chestnut about not being alive when something happened as part of some wishy washy defence. America OUT! :censored: :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
July 4 celebrations seem pretty muted in the US this year. Most major firework displays are cancelled to avoid big crowds. The big Macy's fireworks display in New York is going ahead but at an undisclosed location. I was visiting friends today in upstate New York and normally all the properties out in the country would be decked out with flags with everyone sitting outside and firing up the barbie, but driving around today it was very subdued. I guess with their current number 1 ranking in the Covid stakes they don't have much to celebrate

Ooh, I’ve been to Coney Island! Home of the famous Nathan’s hot dog though I really couldn’t understand the fuss. It was pretty revolting actually, very street corner. I’ll stick to UK hot dogs that actually contain meat!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
God Bless America. - God Help America

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Unsure if it's been mentioned but Dan Carlin did a series on the revolution in the USA and it's break from rhe British in his 'Revolutions' podcast. Very interesting and gives a better perspective into how the US sees itself.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
One of the most successful cases of false propaganda, using their long tentacles to create a completely unjustified positive view of American involvement in global affairs. In reality they funded Hitler.

"Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler" (1976) by Anthony C Sutton:

http://aaargh.vho.org/fran/livres5/suttonhitler.pdf

Warning: rabbit hole.

We had already won the war at that point. They did shorten it drastically, stopped russia replacing the Germans and also put us massively in debt to them to break down the empire.

Tongue and cheek comes to mind :shrug::???:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here