Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Commiserations - Today's the anniversary of us losing America.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I guess as an American who was excited to join this site I should probably avoid this thread. We’re not all bad, by the way.

You're welcome. Ignore the bluster. America is a nation of 300m folk and we only get to hear the bad bits.

A majority of folk think 45% of folk voting for Trump shows a kind of mental deficiency, but 43% of us voted for a shape shifting, blustering opportunist who's most noticable trait is an ability to quote ancient Greek parchments, and nearly lost his life after expounding his confidence in shaking hands with coronavirus patients.

Well, I guess as an American who was excited to join this site I should probably avoid this thread. We’re not all bad, by the way.

In which of the several music cities I can think of in the US of A do your reside??

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Found a game to while away the next couple of hours.

Google 'Florida Man' and your birthday (month then day for full effect) and see what you get as a present.

“Florida man climbs atop playground equipment at Clearwater park, tells kids where babies come from“

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
From what I’ve seen, Britain didn’t really lose. The US tried to take over Canada and the empire fought them off and then went on to burn their capital.

The ‘Americans’ were mostly all of British descent anyway, and plenty of them were on the side of the empire. Like in Ireland, the people were 50/50 on whether they should have independence or not.

George Washington was a general in the British Army himself.

A lot of the founding fathers didn’t like it that Britain had abolished slavery. Black men fought in the British Army for this reason. Also, a lot of native Americans fought with the British as the empire was going to give them their own land.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida man was arrested after he challenged others to fight and to stare at his genitals outside a Chick-Fil-A restaurant.

Cory Michael Hatzl, 30, was naked when he was spotted early Monday morning in the parking lot of the fast food chicken location, WJXT reports.

One woman said her boyfriend called and said he was being chased by a man while riding his bike, challenging him to fight.

According to the woman, Hatzl stripped naked and yelled at those passing by to stare at his private parts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida man was arrested after he challenged others to fight and to stare at his genitals outside a Chick-Fil-A restaurant.

Cory Michael Hatzl, 30, was naked when he was spotted early Monday morning in the parking lot of the fast food chicken location, WJXT reports.

One woman said her boyfriend called and said he was being chased by a man while riding his bike, challenging him to fight.

According to the woman, Hatzl stripped naked and yelled at those passing by to stare at his private parts.

A fabulous birthday present.

I'm a little disappointed the game hasn't taken with the great and the good of NSC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr Stat's birthday

A Florida man is facing charges after he assaulted a woman because his food was undercooked, according to multiple news reports.

According to Action News Jax, 36-year-old Kenneth Crumpton of Yulee, Florida, stabbed a woman in the head with a fork when his potato arrived not cooked to his liking.

The woman had multiple stab wounds and blood on her head but refused treatment, according to the news site.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The crackers Christians obviously never got the constitutional memo.
but cant beat a good bit of independence.......best wishes USA.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Top Tip
Dont remind yanks that they could not have achieved it without the French.

EDIT: Silly me

Top Tip
DO at every opportunity remind the Yanks they could not have achieved it without the French

Bantz!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Florida Man Threatens to Kill Neighbors With "Kindness" Bryan Stewart of Florida is locked up after attempting to literally kill his neighbors with 'Kindness,' a machete with the words ‘kindness’ etched on it.

The incident started when Bryan’s neighbors showed up at his door complaining of noise and yelling. Bryan answered the door with a machete with the words ‘kindness’ etched on it.

He ended up slicing the hand of one of his neighbors before police eventually showed up and arrested him for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill and aggravated battery.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
July 4 celebrations seem pretty muted in the US this year. Most major firework displays are cancelled to avoid big crowds. The big Macy's fireworks display in New York is going ahead but at an undisclosed location. I was visiting friends today in upstate New York and normally all the properties out in the country would be decked out with flags with everyone sitting outside and firing up the barbie, but driving around today it was very subdued. I guess with their current number 1 ranking in the Covid stakes they don't have much to celebrate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here