Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commentary now available on IPad/iPhone

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
-chose cardiff as my team, went to the match page, no commentary
-chose sheff weds as my team, went to the match page, said commentary available and was able to listen
-went back to cardiff, no commentary available
-went back to sheff weds, no commentary available

just a guess, but i expect there'll be another update to the app coming soon....

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
Can you confirm that it can run in the background with the screen off? Not sure if my battery will last on 2 hours screen time!

It does indeed (on my Nexus 4). I was also able to check NSC on Tapatalk, Twitter etc, and it ran fin in the background. Turned the screen off, still worked fine (which was the problem I had when using Puffin Browser).

I'm still having problems with it on iPad though like a few others.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Still not working on iPhone with full subscription to Player. FFS!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Nothing on mine to indicate commentary available - or am I looking in the wrong place?!?!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367074917.577642.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
so shit isn't it

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What did you do to get to that page? I can only see last week's and next week's game...

On the main page I think it was. If you are logged in to Player then when the game is on you see the Live tab. Click on that to see the text commentary and you should then see something to click to allow you to listen to the commentary. That last bit is the bit I don't get.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The button was there for me just before kick off. My main annoyance was the 2 minute delay meaning checking twitter ruined the excitement of any goal. Wanted to re start it but button had disappeared.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The button was there for me just before kick off. My main annoyance was the 2 minute delay meaning checking twitter ruined the excitement of any goal. Wanted to re start it but button had disappeared.

I noticed palace fans complaining about the delay yesterday too. It seems they had similar problems.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I have had nothing but trouble with the football league app. Photon did an update which stopped it cutting off so much but when you are moving around (which is when Im using my iphone) when you lose reception for even a mo then you have to reenter the whole thing plus name and password. annoying.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Version 4.0.7 released on iTunes today

Says 'Audio commentary bug fixed'

Heres hoping!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here