Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Watford...

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
That's part of my thinking, I can't really see any logic for wanting Leicester to win tonight. It might make life a bit more difficult for Palarse but it also makes life a bit more difficult for us. As well as that, are Leicester considered an easier proposition in the play offs to Palarse? Not in my mind.

Exactly, Palace, for the fans would be horrible, but I don't think we would be smashed 3-0 again at their place and would hope we could do what we did again at the AMEX. Leicester however I think would be hard to beat if they did make it. They have a solid squad with a fantastic keeper, would not want it to go to penalties at all.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
interesting games this weekend apart from tonight, I think Bolton will lose tomorrow at Cardiff which will basically guarantee us a place anyway no matter what the result tonight as Leicster have Forest in the last game meaning one will drop points. With that in mind. Leicester win for me and Palace fell the heat.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
interesting games this weekend apart from tonight, I think Bolton will lose tomorrow at Cardiff which will basically guarantee us a place anyway no matter what the result tonight as Leicster have Forest in the last game meaning one will drop points. With that in mind. Leicester win for me and Palace fell the heat.

Wouldn't be quite happy with a draw tonight. Keeps it tight.

As for Bolton at Cardiff on Saturday, my money's on Bolton as Cardiff's players will already be on their hols. If Nooney's tweets are anything to go by ...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Agree with those wanting a Leicester win, moving Palace down to 6th, would really put the pressure on them to win at Blackburn and their away form isn't great. Confident we can sort ourselves out to confirm a playoff position without needing others to lose.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Watford are nearly 3/1 to win tonight, so the bookies fancy leicester at even money.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

I'm sure Bolton will beat Cardiff.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't think it's one eventuality to the exclusion of another. Palace failing and Brighton succeeding are not necessarily incompatible!

They are not but I can't see the desire for Leicester to win tonight other than it might make life difficult for Palarse (see below), and which is a bit bewildering

The person who sits behind me said this during the Blackpool game - 'I don't care if we don't make the play-offs, as long as we come above Palace'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bolton are 3.2 to win on Betfair. Thought that that was worth a fiver given the insignificance of the match to Cardiff.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

As for Bolton at Cardiff on Saturday, my money's on Bolton as Cardiff's players will already be on their hols. If Nooney's tweets are anything to go by ...

If i was a Cardiff player i would want to stake a claim as a prem player, they still have a lot to play for personally and professionally.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If i was a Cardiff player i would want to stake a claim as a prem player, they still have a lot to play for personally and professionally.

They'll know that whatever they do this Saturday and next will be insignificant; any contract negotiations will be based on the other 44 games. You only have to look at our record after we won League 1 in 2011: played 4; won 0; drawn 2; lost 2 (our only 2 home defeats of the season).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Not sure, Bolton are strugging a bit with key players missing and the pressure is off Cardiff now, full house, they will want to win I am sure. (but football is a strange game!!)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
They'll know that whatever they do this Saturday and next will be insignificant; any contract negotiations will be based on the other 44 games. You only have to look at our record after we won League 1 in 2011: played 4; won 0; drawn 2; lost 2 (our only 2 home defeats of the season).

but we did mix the team up a bit and players who needed ops, went for them early, an example for sure, but not the best. (cardiff may do this as well!!)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
IMO

I seriously hope that Watford get the win tonight as I think that Leicester are a potentially much more dangerous opponent in the play offs than just about any of the others.

Hope also that, tomorrow, Cardiff aren't demob happy and will put Bolton in their place as they are one team I would like to see remain in the Championship especially after they ripped us off twice this season. Palace goes without saying.

It is still so finely balanced but perhaps even by 10.00 pm this evening things might look vastly different (and better)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Get on Bolton to beat Cardiff tomorrow. Away BANKER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here