Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Villa!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My love for Brighton outweighs my dislike of palace so today I want palace to succeed and that kind of reasoning will prevail until we are definitely safe.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
After seeing some horrendous racist abuse of zaha on twitter by a spanner of a villa fan I hope he rips them a new one. Unfortunately I’m shit at technology so can’t link .... its ****ing horrendous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
FFS people, if Palace lose we can finish above them!

But no, you want them to go 9 clear.

Bloody embarrassing.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No we don't.

If they win their next two, and we fail, we might want Arsenal or West Ham to get a result off them.

If that happens I will cheer on Arsenal.
But we are a long way off needing a Palace win.

Personally I'm hoping we can get the job done against Newcastle.

Yeah, our fans have more faith in Villa winning 3 and drawing 1 than us even picking up another point. It’s an absolute embarrassment.

Imagine come the end of the season that we’ve beaten Newcastle and Burnley, Palace have beaten Villa yet lost the rest of their games.

Everyone will be saying how they wished Villa beat Palace because we could’ve finished above them.

#looking up

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don’t understand the obsession with finishing above them in the current situation we are in.

Bragging rights for 14th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
FFS people, if Palace lose we can finish above them!

But no, you want them to go 9 clear.

Bloody embarrassing.

The mantra always seems to be that we should look after our own affairs rather than worry about others.

Mr Bloom undoubtedly wants PL football next term, and subsequently won't give a #### if Palace end 60 points clear, so long as BHA remain top flight.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If Bournemouth and Villa lose today, then the only side in the bottom three who could catch us would be Bournemouth and they would need to win all three of their remaining games, and we would need to lose all three of our remainig games, for them to do it.

At that point I would feel able to relax, and I would very much like to be able to relax today.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
FADBABCD-952E-4B1B-9089-7A575A507451.jpeg

I think Wilf will be up for it today, nice message from a Villa fan :censored:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
... and those 9 points clear won't matter a shit if we're in the Championship. Give yer 'ead a wobble mate!

Villa need to win 3 games and draw 1 to finish above us. It really isn’t going to happen. If they lose 1 game then they can’t finish above us and if I could choose which team they lose against it definitely wouldn’t be Palace, especially considering that we could finish above them. We have a much better chance of finishing 14th than we do of going down.

And if you think we won’t get anymore points then I think you need to give your head a wobble.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The mantra always seems to be that we should look after our own affairs rather than worry about others.

Mr Bloom undoubtedly wants PL football next term, and subsequently won't give a #### if Palace end 60 points clear, so long as BHA remain top flight.

You lot have so little faith in our team that you think we won’t get anymore points and that Villa will win 3 and draw 1 (at least).

Do you know how ridiculous that looks?

Lose 5 nil to Man City and everyone loses their minds. Bloody hell.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You lot have so little faith in our team that you think we won’t get anymore points and that Villa will win 3 and draw 1 (at least).

Do you know how ridiculous that looks?

Lose 5 nil to Man City and everyone loses their minds. Bloody hell.

Tell me, in football pundit interview style, just HOW ridiculous that looks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disappointed by the attitude of most posters on this thread.

We don't need a Palace Victory today, far from it.

I think you’re right. As far as Villa are concerned we have 7 chances: 4 possible defeats for them and 3 winnable games for us. We need just 1 result of those 7 to go in our favour.

I don’t think losing 0-5 to City will have any bearing either. Not only do they seem to be making a habit of it, but it might act as a bit of a wake up call.

Having said all that, I’d still quite like to see Palace win or at least draw.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think you’re right. As far as Villa are concerned we have 7 chances: 4 possible defeats for them and 3 winnable games for us. We need just 1 result of those 7 to go in our favour.

I don’t think losing 0-5 to City will have any bearing either. Not only do they seem to be making a habit of it, but it might act as a bit of a wake up call.

Having said all that, I’d still quite like to see Palace win or at least draw.

I'd settle for a draw. But that's as far a s I will go.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'd settle for a draw. But that's as far a s I will go.

Looking forward to the praise of Palace on here when they win after stopping Villa from catching, us even though they will probably lose all their remaining games anyway..

If Villa were 6 points behind, they’d have a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here