Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Villa!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Palace win and a few straight reds all round, maybe two for SEGW and Grealish having a 'scrap' :catfight:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a no-brainer, Palace win. I agree that there is a real chance we won't get any more points, while 3 wins for Villa is conceivable (iif not likely).

Furthermore, I hope it is Zaha who does the damage. He's hurt us in the past, it will be good if he helps us now, like he did last season vs Cardiff.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Disappointed by the attitude of most posters on this thread.

We don't need a Palace Victory today, far from it.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Cheering on Palace? That will be the day hell freezeth over.

I will take no notice of said game (honestly didn't know this fixture was taking place), just maybe a scabby draw with 2 yellows for sockboy and 2 for Wilf. All for diving.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Villa will be lucky if they get another 3 more points before the end of the season.

Their defenders have the attention span of a 2 year old. There is a mistake in them every game

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
12504451-6BAC-47BF-A4D1-EB9756C63851.jpeg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I hope Villa and Bournemouth lose today making us virtually safe. I would love us to get more points this season but I remember our promotion season when we needed points to beat Newcastle to the title......it didn't happen and we played like relegation candidates in the last games. It could happen again with our confidence shot from last night. I dont think we will go down but we need our relegation candidates to keep their hapless form going to be sure. I dont want Palace to win but I wont be upset if they do.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A Crystal Palace win. It suits our purposes.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Petunia the part time Palace fan, that deserves a ban.

Can't believe what I am reading. FFS.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
In an ideal world Palace and Villa will play out a boring 0-0 bad tempered draw with a couple of red cards per side finishing with a huge brawl involving both benches and the Premier League deducting both sides 3 points. Otherwise I could give a toss what happens.

Well played sir. Restored my faith.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Villa and Bournemouth to lose today. I'll be very disappointed if either of them win. Palace rivalry has no context in the need for us to secure our Premier League place for next season as soon as possible and enable sensible forward planning without needing to keep Championship options in mind.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can't see Villa getting three wins and a draw, so quite liked the idea of them winning to give us a chanced of overhauling Palace. However, after the last two matches, even though we played OK against Liverpool, our post lockdown momentum seems to have stalled. 1-8 over the last two matches may have knocked confidence somewhat too, so I've pretty much given up on the dream of catching Palace.

Now revised my desire for a Villa win - a draw would be fine though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This thread could come back to haunt us. We need Palace to win this one just to help tick the boxes of survival.
In addition; cheering on Villa ? No thanks. Bunch of entitled, delusional fans suffering from a collective, extreme superiority complex.

No we don't.

If they win their next two, and we fail, we might want Arsenal or West Ham to get a result off them.

If that happens I will cheer on Arsenal.
But we are a long way off needing a Palace win.

Personally I'm hoping we can get the job done against Newcastle.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In an ideal world Palace and Villa will play out a boring 0-0 bad tempered draw with a couple of red cards per side finishing with a huge brawl involving both benches and the Premier League deducting both sides 3 points. Otherwise I could give a toss what happens.

Indeed, really could do without a Villa win though got a bad feeling them up the road are on the beach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here