Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on then, own up

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Absolutely.

His selection for Man Utd is going to be absolutely fascinating. Almost impossible to call now that Enciso, Undav and Gilmour have played their way into his thoughts and Mitoma, Caicedo, Mac Allister and Colwill are all rested. (Webster's performance went under the radar)
Wouldn’t put it past RDZ to put the same starting 11 out that started at Wembley so they can prove a point (hopefully 3)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
My brother texted me before he arrived “I don’t like this team.
I told him when he got there “don‘t worry, Undav will get a hat trick”.
And I was nearly right.
The younger ones took their chance - Gilmour, just wow.
And Enciso!!!:bloom:
Your sentiments are the whole point, I think. People need to trust in Tony and ‘the method.’ This is not about RDZ or Potter or Mitoma or Ali Mac. It is about a strategy. People say they understand but the thinking is still very old fashioned ie ‘we have to do everything to keep the manager,’ ‘this or that player has to play’ and ‘we have to have similar on the bench.’ There is fan meltdown if we have one or two bad results because I still think many people do not buy into the plan.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This was Paul Merson's take on it ... I'd like to see him comment on this now :ROFLMAO:

Merson is just a half wit. He and many other pundits are only interested in stars and celebrities. The nearest they have to that in our team are the players that were on the bench.
‘Why would you look at it any other way ?’ Sums him and them up. He is only in interested in the players he thinks Arsenal might buy.

Jul 7, 2003
Not just Albion fans. Bet365 had Wolves at 6/1 for the win at 1pm, as soon as the teams were announced came back into 4/1.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Guilty and immediately checked out what odds the bookies were offering on a Wolves win ! I was however happy to see Billy Gilmour get a start and quickly recognised that changes were definitely needed because we looked so tired and jaded at Forest. I didn’t place any bet on a Wolves win and my faith was rewarded !

I did find it strange that RDZ brought on all 3 of Mac, Caceido and Mitoma when the game was already won and thought he could have completely rested them (although recognise one was enforced due to JV’s injury)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Absolutely.

His selection for Man Utd is going to be absolutely fascinating. Almost impossible to call now that Enciso, Undav and Gilmour have played their way into his thoughts and Mitoma, Caicedo, Mac Allister and Colwill are all rested. (Webster's performance went under the radar)

Personally I think we'll be back to the Wembley XI for ManUre and then play the Wolves XI for Everton 4 days later.

But then again, WTF do I know.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I thought it was coming after wednesday - adn was surprised it didn't happen at forest. Glmour has always done well when he's been on the pitch, so I wasn't necessarily worried about him. there's a player in Undav, but he did need to start showing it after United - even by his own admission. And he did.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Your sentiments are the whole point, I think. People need to trust in Tony and ‘the method.’ This is not about RDZ or Potter or Mitoma or Ali Mac. It is about a strategy. People say they understand but the thinking is still very old fashioned ie ‘we have to do everything to keep the manager,’ ‘this or that player has to play’ and ‘we have to have similar on the bench.’ There is fan meltdown if we have one or two bad results because I still think many people do not buy into the plan.
I totally agree. In theory i have total faith in the system, but in practice?
I thought we could still get something yesterday after seeing the starting line up, but I didn’t expect 6-0 - yes, six nil!!!
Enciso and Gilmour - just wow. And Undav getting two, including a superb finish for his second….

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First thought was Wolves dont score many goals but likely be 0-1 at 60mins and regulars come on. Next thought how disappointed the many Japanese supporters must be.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I admit to being concerned but once the game started that all went.
Later thinking so what if we sell Caicedo, Mac Callister and Mitoma?
The back up players are great.
I would like to see 2 full backs as back up.
We don't seen to have anyone to replace Estupinan and Lamptey seems very injury prone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here