Myself, perhaps:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-29-15-29-52-556_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-29-15-29-52-556_com.android.chrome.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 165

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Honestly, I didn’t. I’m not saying I in any way thought we would win 6-0. However I trust in the coaches who actually work with these players every day in training. When we lose a match people demand we sign players they know as well as Mac, Caicedo and Mitoma because they think the squad must be weak. That view is formed on a fraction of the knowledge needed to form it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not me, although both the people I go with had faces like a slapped arse when they saw the team sheet. I saw it as exactly what it was, rest knackered players and give a chance to those who don’t play much. I was actually happy to see Undav and Gilmour starting as I have been suggesting all season that both need game time before being written off. Absolutely delighted for them both.

I was less happy about Welbeck starting as he has annoyed me with his misses recently, not many options there with Ferguson injured. Egg on my face there, he had a fabulous game but he did not disappoint with one terrible miss :lolol:

I did go into this game thinking it is what it is rather than “this is a must win game” My mojo was a little low pre match.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was expecting changes.
Pretty essential that he did. Was glad to see Billy Gilmour started, but wasn't expecting Undav.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yup, expected us to lose or draw if we were lucky, realised he had to rest some, fingers crossed. Merston on Sky reckoned RDZ didn't want us to play in Europe as we wouldn't be ready, er plonker!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My brother texted me before he arrived “I don’t like this team.
I told him when he got there “don‘t worry, Undav will get a hat trick”.
And I was nearly right.
The younger ones took their chance - Gilmour, just wow.
And Enciso!!!:bloom:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing to 'own up' about. Perfectly reasonable to be a bit nervous before kick off, especially with some top players missing. Definitely not 'guilty' - the term does not apply.

Last edited:

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Didn't think "Oh dear", but more that RDZ was showing his characterisitc "balls", giving some of the younger lads a start. And so good to see that they proved his faith in them to be correct.

(He had the "big guns" on the bench if it didn't work out as he gambled.......)

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I thought RDZ had accidentally printed out the line up from Forest Green away in the league cup. Wasn’t pinning too much hope in a result to be honest , but very pleasantly surprised

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as we're all proclaiming RDZ as a genius for this team and result, it does make you wonder why he didn't do something similar for Forest - a result that cost us any chance of a top 4 finish.

I guess we're all human.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As much as we're all proclaiming RDZ as a genius for this team and result, it does make you wonder why he didn't do something similar for Forest - a result that cost us any chance of a top 4 finish.

I guess we're all human.
It’s his first season in the PL. He’s still learning, but the difference is, he soon put it right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s his first season in the PL. He’s still learning.
Absolutely.

His selection for Man Utd is going to be absolutely fascinating. Almost impossible to call now that Enciso, Undav and Gilmour have played their way into his thoughts and Mitoma, Caicedo, Mac Allister and Colwill are all rested. (Webster's performance went under the radar)

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

I guess we're all human.

As you say, we are all human. I thought it was interesting that he said in an interview yesterday that he thinks he made a mistake with Gilmour (and Undav to some extent) in not playing them more and earlier. I respect that he can admit that.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I thought he’s making a statement to TB about the lack of squad depth……that went well 🤣🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here