Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on PALACE! (and smash Bournemouth please)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Zaha hasn't lost his falling ability either. Fouls someone, moans they went down easy, 5 minutes later guess what...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Watching that as someone wanting Palace to win, I rather enjoyed that game. Palace looked quite decent. Zaha is decent, if a little short of pace. They are a bit of a throwback side like Sheff United; few real stars but lots of effort and discipline. Not too horrible on he eye, though - especially if you want them to win.

I'd rather be us any day, though; prospects and all that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Watching that as someone wanting Palace to win, I rather enjoyed that game. Palace looked quite decent. Zaha is decent, if a little short of pace. They are a bit of a throwback side like Sheff United; few real stars but lots of effort and discipline. Not too horrible on he eye, though - especially if you want them to win.

I'd rather be us any day, though; prospects and all that.

Yep, solid, disciplined, and ruthless when a opportunity arose, but it was hardly Potterball was it ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, solid, disciplined, and ruthless when a opportunity arose, but it was hardly Potterball was it ?

Agree with your assessment, apart from the ‘ruthless’ part. You totally dominated a shit Bournemouth, and failed to put the game to bed, because you were not. For example, two huge break-away chances wasted at the death by Zaha, who looked like he couldn’t be arsed - which was weird.

Could have resulted in an unnecessarily nervy finish, if Bournemouth had pulled one back. Luckily they were total shit, so no harm done.

On Cahill, I agree that ‘should have been sent off’ is nonsense. ‘Could have been sent off’ though is fair enough - and again - could have let them back into a game they deserved nothing from.
(Lewis Cook should 100% have gone, though)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So glad we didn't need them to win. Made it much less of a guilty pleasure seeing the result.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What a embarrassing thread, wanting your biggest rival to help you out of a hole again ?
I’m sure you’ll do it again for the Villa game :ffsparr:

Strange way of thanking us for giving you the opportunity to climb a place up the table.
But... your welcome.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What a embarrassing thread, wanting your biggest rival to help you out of a hole again ?
I’m sure you’ll do it again for the Villa game :ffsparr:

Of course. I have never been a bigger Palace fan than on May 4th last year, when you lot beat Cardiff to keep us in the Premier League. Eternal thanks. Sometimes you have to love your enemies :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not as embarrassing as going on the internet to your ‘biggest rivals’ message board on a Sunday morning.

Whatever gets you ‘UP’ for your Sunday morning w..ank I suppose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Potterball, in it’s infancy, very nearly destroyed you at Selhurst, we will only get better as long as we stay up, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Palace can only go backwards over time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Of course. I have never been a bigger Palace fan than on May 4th last year, when you lot beat Cardiff to keep us in the Premier League. Eternal thanks. Sometimes you have to love your enemies :)
The cheer on the concourse when that result came in was brilliant. :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Potterball, in it’s infancy, very nearly destroyed you at Selhurst, we will only get better as long as we stay up, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Palace can only go backwards over time.

It did destroy them - we were far superior in both games just let ourselves down by our finishing. Only really matters if you win both and get 6 points anyway, which they’ve not done for decades I believe :lol:

We just need to concentrate on staying up and continuing to be the club we are with outstanding levels of community support, noisy passionate fans as BT mentioned several time’s yesterday and a well ran club on and off the pitch without desperate huge fees being spent on wages. Essentially everything the 2010 franchise never have or will be - the rest will take care of itself :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here