Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Calde do the honourable thing, save us.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Well that's kind of why I was asking. My opinion has been clouded for a while, because of that incident. I was geniunely asking why people like him so much as maybe I need to reconsider it, hence the good post by Greg Bobkin above. By all accounts he sounds like a decent guy with his charity work.

Spend five minutes talking with the guy and you will be converted. What he does on the pitch is just half of it.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
He could be a coach/ player. I'd love him to spend the rest of his football career with the Albion so a coach would make sense and maybe he could move up then maybe a manager. But I'd prefer him as a coach.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Calde will be our manager one day. But he has at least one more season battling it out for first team contention.

He can take over after next season's play off semi-final defeat to Wigan when Clement quits because of glass ceiling.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
D
Well that's kind of why I was asking. My opinion has been clouded for a while, because of that incident. I was geniunely asking why people like him so much as maybe I need to reconsider it, hence the good post by Greg Bobkin above. By all accounts he sounds like a decent guy with his charity work.

If you had been a supporter for as long as you claim, you would have known this

Sandradee

Apr 16, 2014
7y9ase9u.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He is also the bloke at the Club who is most like us. For starters he spent three weeks living in Gillingham when he arrived in this country to look for a job.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's not history rewritten. We offered him a contract when he was inured. A career threatening injury they were'nt sure he would recover from, instead of signing he went and spoke to Southampton. Poyet at the time said "he won't be signing he won't be here next year". He went to saints but they didn't want to gamble on him because of his injury. He came back to us and signed a new contract that wasn't as good as the first one we offered him.

I thought that was common knowledge.

So you KNOW Calde didn't have a change of heart? You KNOW it was only after the Stains deal fell through that he 'came crawling back'? You, sir or madam, are a revisionist.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In no particular order:

He does a lot of work with Charities such as Chestnut Tree House, and competes in triathlons.

He puts a lot of effort in despite being seen, by many, as inferior to the likes of Bruno.

He's been involved with the squad on the rise from League 1 through to its establishment in the Championship.

As Orlandi alluded to, he helps/helped the Spanish contingent settle in the city - whether that be with language/cultural issues, or places to go/live.

He seems genuinely enthusiastic about Brighton and Hove Albion, with an air of loyalty when he speak about the club and the team.

Has a lot of time for fans, and isn't afraid to get involved in motivating the team from the touchline.

Hope this helps :shrug:

This, and more...

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I know, it was more the other stuff well documented on here over the years

I say again, palace troll

I'm not going to get drawn out into a long argument with someone so this is my only reply you. Firstly, I haven't been on here that long so have missed out on your delightful insights up until now. Secondly, like I've said it seems like I was wrong as he sounds like a nice guy. Thirdly call me whatever you like mate, because I'd rather ask a question an find out I'm wrong than just blindly accept what's put in front of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here