Colunga Red Card

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Embarrassed to say that I cheered when he was sent off. Utter gash all game. Lighter weight than a fairy. Kept falling over & diving. At least we won't see him for a week or so. Terrible player. Must go with JFK. The manager is blinkered.
Hyypia out.

This is just a clueless response. Colunga was one of our best players today, and was pulling all sorts of strings throughout.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Agreed - but huge second yellow was petulant....you could tell he was going to do the Fulham player as soon as he chased after him. When we were chasing the game and needed to keep the momentum up it Ewan's a big error of judgment from Colunga.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was probably very frustrated at the ref and our ****ing woeful useless central midfield.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Embarrassed to say that I cheered when he was sent off. Utter gash all game. Lighter weight than a fairy. Kept falling over & diving. At least we won't see him for a week or so. Terrible player. Must go with JFK. The manager is blinkered.
Hyypia out.

What game were you watching?!?! Was probably our best player other than Dunk. Created our only goal and looked quality throughout.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is just a clueless response. Colunga was one of our best players today, and was pulling all sorts of strings throughout.
The ball for our goal was perfect; his delivery on some free kicks was poor.

I cannot get my head round the control freakery of a ref that would book a player for trying to get on with the game with the clock ticking down. Bring the ball back and make him re-take the free-kick fine, but a yellow card is totally OTT.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Thought he had a pretty good game up until the red card. What he was thinking I've no idea but seems too some up our season so far. Frustration at not being able to hold on to a lead again.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He was my man of the match up to about 70 minutes when he started to tire. We really have some clueless fans.

Agreed. On both counts.

It's slightly brought on, though, by the fact that no one can simply put their finger on something and identify it as the problem. Which is what most fans want. Hence 'put Paddy in the team' 'take JFC out of the team' 'Colunga doesn't do anything' '442. 442. 442.' ad infinitum.

As if it's not a collection of contributing factors. Ho hum...

(If anyone's interested in the psychology behind this, it's a phenomenon called the 'availability heuristic')

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
He was my man of the match up to about 70 minutes when he started to tire. We really have some clueless fans.

Agree. However, people in the WSU south end were blaming Colunga every time JFC lost the ball in the 2nd half (which was a lot).

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

That's the way I saw it too,until he ran out of steam in the last 15 minutes and frustration took over. The people today that let the side down were JFC and Joe Bennett when they let Fulham waltz pass them for the first goal. But the major reason we lost was the manager. What does he say to the team at half time. For weeks now we have been absolutely gash in the second half. Listening to him on SCR after the game it is clear that he has no idea how to change things and virtually said "I have an idea and I will stick with it" quite frankly he has no idea and can stick it. How long can Tony let this go on. We do have a lot of talent in the squad, but a manager who has no idea how to motivate. We need someone who is prepared to transfer passion to his players.We are far to soft in midfield.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Yup, I too thought he was one of our better players until the red card which was mindless, as was the casual way he sauntered off, by which time I was fuming. Idiot.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Cross of the season and perfect penalty last week set up our only goal today. We seem to have more than our fair share of blind fans. Soft second yellow card when there were far far worse challenges earlier in the match. Ref was a ****.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Apart from the stupid second booking colunga was exceptional today.
Exceptional might be a bit over the top, but I thought he played alright (some useless free kicks excepted).

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Cross of the season and perfect penalty last week set up our only goal today. We seem to have more than our fair share of blind fans. Soft second yellow card when there were far far worse challenges earlier in the match. Ref was a ****.

very much this, was just behind Dunk for my MOTM today...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The fact that Hoops booked him for tacking a quick free-kick was frankly ridiculous. The second booking was utterly stupid and petulant from Colunga and he should have known better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports