Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga Red Card

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good for 70 mins. Should have been taken off then as he became increasingly ineffective but we have a manger incapable of such simple tactical thoughts. First booking a nonsense by the ref. The second idiotic by the player.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
First yellow was very harsh - should have let the kick be taken fast anyway. Second was very very stupid - a clear yellow and no option but to send him off. I wouldn't have wanted him to start the next match anyway as he wasted so much possession in the second half.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Whether or not he had a good game he was a dick for getting that second yellow card.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I hope he got his lilly white ass booted across the dressing room for that dive followed by a wreckless tackle. I was close to doing it myself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
T
I'm not sure what the first yellow was for - either for taking the kick too quickly (which is laughable) or for dissent, I don't know.

The second? needless. I can see he was frustrated but i don't think the defender was going anywhere, it was just petulant.

I don't agree with the whole 'he was shit anyway' argument. It wasn't a bad game and he was trying to make things happen...didn't always come off to be fair.

This.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Colunga gave possibly one of the worst forward displays since Mark Farrington. The ref did us a favour sending him off. I might add a firmer player that I met strongly agreed. This man should never play for the Albion again.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Colunga's shaping up as our most creative passer. Thought he was 50% excellent today & 50% rubbish - the latter when he tries to go past people & do too much. Frustrating but don't think he deserves to be written off at all. Funny how some people love some players regardless. Ince seems to be a case in point. While he's a promising young player, for someone who is supposed to be screening the back four, the number of goals he's cost us this season by failing to get a tackle in/turn his back/watch a player shoot is worrying. And yet he's a golden boy while JFC, for instance, seems to be a new favourite to moan about.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Embarrassed to say that I cheered when he was sent off. Utter gash all game. Lighter weight than a fairy. Kept falling over & diving. At least we won't see him for a week or so. Terrible player. Must go with JFK. The manager is blinkered.
Hyypia out.

Hmm. You should be embarrassed, particularly as he was probably our best player for the first hour. Clearly not a winger, he tired and probably should have been taken off before the free kick booking farce. Hyypia needs to go but not Colunga who is a class act.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The only time I have ever abused a Brighton player... Absolutely stupid challenge to earn the 2nd yellow and then walked off slowly when we had minutes to salvage a draw.. :angry:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When a freekick is given close to the box the ref will ask if a quick freekick will take place. If requested he will be ready even if the defending team isn't. This can be a simple indication to the ref. If however the ref has, as in this instance stood over the ball instructing the defending team to retreat the freekick taker will be booked.

The ref was in the process of showing the defending team as he should his whistle, meaning that the freekick will only be taken on blowing. Simple really and always a booking.

Obviously it appears many are not aware of the laws.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
When a freekick is given close to the box the ref will ask if a quick freekick will take place. If requested he will be ready even if the defending team isn't. This can be a simple indication to the ref. If however the ref has, as in this instance stood over the ball instructing the defending team to retreat the freekick taker will be booked.

The ref was in the process of showing the defending team as he should his whistle, meaning that the freekick will only be taken on blowing. Simple really and always a booking.

Obviously it appears many are not aware of the laws.

How good is his English? Might something have been lost in translation?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How good is his English? Might something have been lost in translation?

Ref standing there with his whistle raised up in the air doesn't require language. He's been playing long enough

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The only time I have ever abused a Brighton player... Absolutely stupid challenge to earn the 2nd yellow and then walked off slowly when we had minutes to salvage a draw.. :angry:

I joined that club today as well, first time I can ever recall myself shouting abuse at a Brighton player when he did that.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Played really well, good positioning and movement. One of our better creative players if we stick with him. Ten times better than PaddyMC

Stupid second booking but was frustrated. Not defending him but at least he cares!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Colunga gave possibly one of the worst forward displays since Mark Farrington. The ref did us a favour sending him off. I might add a firmer player that I met strongly agreed. This man should never play for the Albion again.

Absolutely spot on too many on here either with rose coloured specs, or were not at the game, his late free kick summed up his game for me. Definitely not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here