Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Colindale KFC.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Think you're being way too harsh.

I'm furloughed and looking after our 15 month old boy from 6am to 530pm while my missus works. My day is entertaining him, cooking, cleaning. I can't elaborate because I need to do our big shop while he's asleep. It's been amazing to spend the time with him, but at times it's been brutal and I'm incredibly lucky to live in the sticks with loads of green space and a garden. Not everyone has the benefit of your education, values or stability.

If someone needs to take a parenting shortcut I'm not going to judge.
Completely agree. Which parent hasn't ever taken a shortcut when stressed, hungover, exhausted?

But what's that got to do with anything I've said, or some morons spending an hour in their car queueing for some fried chicken?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe their kids need a treat after being locked in without seeing their mates for 6 weeks? Maybe they are at their wits end with the constant cooking and cleaning?

You can get it delivered via Just Eat though. Not that I, err, have ever done that.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Completely agree. Which parent hasn't ever taken a shortcut when stressed, hungover, exhausted?

But what's that got to do with anything I've said, or some morons spending an hour in their car queueing for some fried chicken?

Broadly speaking you don't know everyone's personal circumstance. I don't either so you could be right and everyone is a fat moron, but just maybe that hour in a car is the most peace someone's had in days, or even just an excuse to get out the house/flat for whatever reason.

They're not breaking social distancing rules so each to their own.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think you have missed his points.
We are supposed to be saying in ( I didn't need to really mention this )

See above. Staying in has been much harder for some people (I shouldn't have to mention that either).

*edit* You're actually wrong, takeaways are allowed and have been all along. As long as social distancing is observed it's fine.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Maybe their kids have been amazing in lockdown, eating healthily, doing schoolwork, doing Joe Wicks every day etc, and also love KFC. And when it re-opened, they asked mum or dad if they can have it as a treat.

My mum grew up in Colindale, used to spend loads of weekends staying at my grandparents flat there as a kid. In retrospect it was probably a bit rough, but as a child I loved it. It was really diverse (like a lot of London I guess), in particular lots of Irish, Caribbeans and Hindus. I remember going to some of the local shops on Diwali with my grandad and trying traditional sweets etc, was great. There was also this Japanese shopping mall that had a huge SEGA arcade.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There's no coherent linear argument here and it feels like talking to my wife ("but what about...."). So I'll leave quietly and wish you (and the KFC queuers) well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
See above. Staying in has been much harder for some people (I shouldn't have to mention that either).

*edit* You're actually wrong, takeaways are allowed and have been all along. As long as social distancing is observed it's fine.

I didn't actually say take aways are NOT allowed did I? So not technically wrong TBF.

But we are told to " Stay in and save lives " essential journeys only etc etc
I think the point of the original video is probably- is this really essential, all these people in one place queuing up in the lane of a public road.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It definitely is, fantastic museum.

I went last year for the first time since they've renovated a lot of it, and they've done a great job.

The Electric Lightning on the right as you go towards the shop, is the one my dad used to work on.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Ah, all journalists will know Colindale, it was the home of the British Library's newspaper archive for many years. It closed some time ago and the archive is now available online ... at a hefty cost.

About 20 years ago I used to manage the imaging and microfilming teams at the Library in Colindale. You should now be able to get access to the archives at the Library in St Pancras, or at least you will when it re-opens at some point when the Covid.crisis eases.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't actually say take aways are NOT allowed did I? So not technically wrong TBF.

I think the point of the original video is probably- is this really essential, all these people in one place queuing up in the lane of a public road.

Less interaction in that queue than the constant queue outside most shops, lots of which are far from essential.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Less interaction in that queue than the constant queue outside most shops, lots of which are far from essential.

Whilst I've been driving to work during this Covid thingy, I've noticed more and more people queuing for fast food.
A pie and mash shop in Ruislip Gardens and Papa Johns in Ruislip high street has attracted all the resident pie testers out in force.

WHAT'S THE FVCKING POINT!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That was certainly my rational for bringing it to the mass ranks here.

As a lover of KFC, it certainly wasn't food snobbery.

More so knowing the fact that post lockdown this clean air, birdsong, safe road, Utopia will be forgotten in the blink of an eye.

A fact there for all to see on the A2 outside a KFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here