[Food] Colindale KFC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An evening's peace? A happy child?

After some thought I think my answer is:-

Salma Hayek

I accept Salma is my answer to most questions, but if Ms Hayek happened to be at the window waving and saying hello, I'd happily join the back of that queue.

Granted the rest of the family might not be so keen but - My Car My Rules.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How much washing up does three meals a day for 4 people create?

**** all if you buy some pizzas from Iceland, order a takeaway etc. Still can't see any logic in being in that queue.

There are three of us and I've not noticed any difference in the amount of washing up from normal (aside from the sprog and Mrs doing extra baking for fun).

An evening's peace? A happy child?

I still don't get it. How does queuing for an hour at KFC buy you "an evening's peace"? And seriously, if your kid can only be appeased with takeaway junk food then you've done 'being a parent' completely wrong.

I really like a KFC btw.

I'm not sure why you're so vehement on defending some daft people from a bit of mild piss taking. Hold on, you're in a queue at KFC right now aren't you............ :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Why wow? It's the reason we're turning into a nation of fat *****. Kids brought up to love shovelling utter shit down their throats and deciding it's their favourite food. Like I say, I love a KFC or a Burger King now and then (and those Grand Big Macs are lovely). But if you've brought up a sprog who is kicking off because they haven't had a bargain bucket for a few weeks then that is entirely your fault, and it's pretty depressing.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If theres one thing I wont be doing when restrictions start being lifted, its dashing to a drive thru. Are people REALLY that desperate for a Zinger / Big Mac / Whopper etc?! Madness.

My son works at the Marina McD's, and we are relieved to see its not yet on the list of "restaurants" being reopened.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If theres one thing I wont be doing when restrictions start being lifted, its dashing to a drive thru. Are people REALLY that desperate for a Zinger / Big Mac / Whopper etc?! Madness.

My son works at the Marina McD's, and we are relieved to see its not yet on the list of "restaurants" being reopened.

I certainly wont be driving to one...but I’ll get a macs delivered for the novelty value

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
You wait until McDonalds reopen. It’s going to be utter carnage as it was the last day they were open in lockdown.

As [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION] has said I won’t pass judgement on anyone trying to get their kids etc through a time like this however we all know if removing lockdown comes to trusting the general public to behave that we realistically can’t and there will be a second wave...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I appreciate the culinary overlords on NSC will not be rushing to the favourite drive thru and will take great pleasure on the multi platform social media centres telling everyone so, but some people love a KFC or McDonald’s so each to their own eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

The well respected and long established "chippy" in our town has reopened on a limited hours/days basis. They are very well organised only taking pre-orders and socially distanced "contactless" payments. They have apparently been overwhelmed by business. We will probably partake soon as Friday is now our takeaway evening of either Dominos or Indian, both delivered.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
[tweet]1257276666713387009[/tweet]

As an aside I'd never heard of Colindale before, not even Colin Dale.
I had to look it up to see where in the UK it was.

Without googling is that on the A2?

Think I've been to that a few times in the way out of London. It's an average KFC, I feel like they didn't take as much care of their zinger tower construction as they could've.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ah, all journalists will know Colindale, it was the home of the British Library's newspaper archive for many years. It closed some time ago and the archive is now available online ... at a hefty cost.

Are Jazz Mags available in the same archive?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
**** all if you buy some pizzas from Iceland, order a takeaway etc. Still can't see any logic in being in that queue.

There are three of us and I've not noticed any difference in the amount of washing up from normal (aside from the sprog and Mrs doing extra baking for fun).

I still don't get it. How does queuing for an hour at KFC buy you "an evening's peace"? And seriously, if your kid can only be appeased with takeaway junk food then you've done 'being a parent' completely wrong.

I really like a KFC btw.

I'm not sure why you're so vehement on defending some daft people from a bit of mild piss taking. Hold on, you're in a queue at KFC right now aren't you............ :lolol:

Think you're being way too harsh.

I'm furloughed and looking after our 15 month old boy from 6am to 530pm while my missus works. My day is entertaining him, cooking, cleaning. I can't elaborate because I need to do our big shop while he's asleep. It's been amazing to spend the time with him, but at times it's been brutal and I'm incredibly lucky to live in the sticks with loads of green space and a garden. Not everyone has the benefit of your education, values or stability.

If someone needs to take a parenting shortcut I'm not going to judge.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why wow? It's the reason we're turning into a nation of fat *****. Kids brought up to love shovelling utter shit down their throats and deciding it's their favourite food. Like I say, I love a KFC or a Burger King now and then (and those Grand Big Macs are lovely). But if you've brought up a sprog who is kicking off because they haven't had a bargain bucket for a few weeks then that is entirely your fault, and it's pretty depressing.

A nutritionist said on the radio at the weekend, that more than 50% of the food consumed in the UK is now highly processed (including take away food).

A big contributor to the growing number of kids who are overweight or obese. Many folk are eating at such places far more often than an occasional or weekly treat.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Colindale police station.

I have bad memories of that place. Luckily the governor gave me a caution when I was caught with Class A drugs many years ago. Lesson learnt. Did get the old stop-and-search when I went to football when I lived in north London though which became harassing after a while.

So whenever I take the northern line tube when in the capital, I get a little reminder of a bad experience when I see that tube station.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:thumbsup:

And some people wonder why there are so many kids/ teenagers now that don't understand the word no.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Think you're being way too harsh.

I'm furloughed and looking after our 15 month old boy from 6am to 530pm while my missus works. My day is entertaining him, cooking, cleaning. I can't elaborate because I need to do our big shop while he's asleep. It's been amazing to spend the time with him, but at times it's been brutal and I'm incredibly lucky to live in the sticks with loads of green space and a garden. Not everyone has the benefit of your education, values or stability.

If someone needs to take a parenting shortcut I'm not going to judge.

I think you have missed his points.
We are supposed to be saying in ( I didn't need to really mention this )

And how is taking a parenting ' shortcut ' queuing up for hours for some fried chicken and chips?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here