Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards signs for Sheffield United

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
London Irish said:
I'm not sure that's true - he has repeatedly stated he did not want to go and in fairly categorical terms. It's the board that sanction these moves and I wonder if they just lost their nerve and took what cash was going.
The bottom line is he didn't want to play for us anymore and you can't have players like that in your squad. He thought he was bigger than the Albion. Maybe one day he 'll be a good player but he certainly hadn't earnt the right to think that now. His attitude has been a disgrace. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll have got that much for him and it's good business for Sheff United. They'll have a good prospect for their return to the Championship next season. In the meantime, we're best of without him. I never thought it possible, but he now falls below Leon Knight in my eyes - at least Leon scored some goals for us.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Surely any money we bring in from the transfer and can use towards buying another player who actually wants to play for us, is better than CKR playing for the reserves and probably damaging the squad's morale with his poor attitude at the same time

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why the f*** not do a swap with Shipps?

Isn't it a bit bizarre that we played him tonight just as we were accepting a bid. Smacks to me that the footballing side of the club didn't quite know what the business side of the club was up to :glare:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
London Irish said:
Isn't it a bit bizarre that we played him tonight just as we were accepting a bid. Smacks to me that the footballing side of the club didn't quite know what the business side of the club was up to :glare:
Maybe it all happened very late?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:

Without meaning to offend, i wouldn't have expected a remark like that to come from you!

But I agree Completely - that wouldn't suprise me in the slightest, given what i've heard about previous interventions by DK over transfers out of the club.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm guessing he was played because if a fee was agreed but had not gone through Sheff United wanted him on the orad to match fitness asap. I may be wrong but it is a possibility.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Les Biehn said:
I'm guessing he was played because if a fee was agreed but had not gone through Sheff United wanted him on the orad to match fitness asap. I may be wrong but it is a possibility.

What and risk a serious injury.Don't be silly

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can only think that there were other scouts at the match tonight, so we played him to try and get some more interest and maybe an improved bid tomorrow. We have only agreed a fee with Sheff Utd, not sold him. There could be other clubs come in for him tomorrow. I guess his agent will be busy tonight.

Last edited:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
London Irish said:

But maybe not in light of the 150K bid slapped in for Trebor Kandy today...

Sneaky George said:
The bottom line is he didn't want to play for us anymore and you can't have players like that in your squad. He thought he was bigger than the Albion. Maybe one day he 'll be a good player but he certainly hadn't earnt the right to think that now. His attitude has been a disgrace
I agree, I think his attitude has been as bad as Leon Knight's. But I just don't understand what we had to lose by giving it a few months to try and turn him round. Still plenty of time left on his contract. Worst comes to the worst and we've made no progress, then offload him in the Jan window.

Was he subbed tonight because McGhee got handed a note that said "he's now owned by Neil Warnock, get him off" :rolleyes:

Rufio

Aug 19, 2006
Superseagull said:
I can only think that there were other scouts at the match tonight, so we played him to try and get some more interest and maybe an improved bid tomorrow. We have only agreed a fee with Sheff Utd, not sold him. There could be other clubs come in for him tomorrow. I guess his agent will be busy tonight.
But if we've accepted a bid why would any club come in and offer more than that?

Sneaky George said:
Maybe it all happened very late?
Actually during the reserve game? Lots of canvassing of McGhee's and Wilkins' opinions then! :ohmy:

Oct 25, 2003
London Irish said:
I agree, I think his attitude has been as bad as Leon Knight's. But I just don't understand what we had to lose by giving it a few months to try and turn him round. Still plenty of time left on his contract. Worst comes to the worst and we've made no progress, then offload him in the Jan window.

f*** me

i totally agree with you:eek:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
All he is going to do now is sit in the reserves for Sheff Utd.No way is he ready for the premiership yet.Why not play first team football for another season with us.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As much as I demanded he played at he end of the day no point in keeping a player who wants out.

A word of warning to CKR, don't disagree with Warnock and get him in an armlock on the training ground you will soon be moved on.

Onwards and upwards hopefully tomorrow will be a beautiful day and a new striker for BHAFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here