Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards joining the Great Unwashed

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I dislike Celtic and especially *some* of their fans. However, we pulled off a massive coup all those years ago when we screwed them over £1.5 million for Adam Virgo. Adam V was a decent player for the Albion and will always be remembered for the Swindon play off. His finest hour surely. Worth £1.5 million though? Nah.

Strachan even employed McGee as his sidekick after having the wool pulled over his eyes. Strachan obviously doesn't hold grudges.

No idea what they have paid for CKR. It will be too much though, whatever the fee........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Strachan even employed McGee as his sidekick after having the wool pulled over his eyes. Strachan obviously doesn't hold grudges.

Interesting interpretation.

I'd suggest that Strachan knew EXACTLY what he was getting for his money, and was effectively doing McGhee / the Albion a massive favour.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The biggest favour ever made by a manager to the Albion was when Howard Wilkinson signed Mark Beeney for £650,000 when we were subject to a wind up order.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The biggest favour ever made by a manager to the Albion was when Howard Wilkinson signed Mark Beeney for £650,000 when we were subject to a wind up order.

Indeed. Saved us from oblivion, back in the day before it was trendy to 'Do a Palace'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Did he ever play under Tony PEW-lis ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting interpretation.

I'd suggest that Strachan knew EXACTLY what he was getting for his money, and was effectively doing McGhee / the Albion a massive favour.

Strachan was the pundit for our play off final at Cardiff, and was very supportive of our fight for the stadium. I believe we had a bill come in from HMRC for Capital Gains tax as we hadn't used the money from the sale of the Goldstone, for a new stadium, after the set amount of years. I believe the £1.5 million went towards that bill.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
£100.000 rings a bell. Not bad as we paid for him with someone else's money - whatever the fee was?

There was the story of Warnock reading him the riot act as soon as he set foot in Bramall Lane. Warnock was supposedly straight into his face telling him: "I've taken a massive gamble with you. You **** me around and you'll be straight out the door". Colin took Colin off our hands. For that we should be thankful to him.

Total waste of space who has never stayed long at any club. His greatest talent is conning scouts and managers that he's a striker with ability.

We bought him for £55k, and sold him for £250k.
Sheff Utd sold him for £1.2million and we got 25% of that.. Which went towards the cost of Glenn Murray...
Or so I was told!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here