Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
What a player. He probably was the player i was most cautious of as i didn't think we needed another defender. However i think he has played fantastically, positioning good and reading the game well. Also got to love his braveness, doesnt mind getting involved, i like him, i hope you agree...:thumbsup:

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Average. Has not done bad but will reserve proper judgement until we have played a team with a half decent centre forward.

Lynch an Elphick is a better partnership as far as I am concerned.

ih8palarse

Jul 30, 2008
Average. Has not done bad but will reserve proper judgement until we have played a team with a half decent centre forward.

Lynch an Elphick is a better partnership as far as I am concerned.

i take it your not a season ticket holder...:albion2:

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Lord Large just talks a load of bollocks.

Why? He has played OK so far but you have to admit we have not exctly been tested.

By no means am I slating the bloke - just think it is a bit early to be going over the top about how good he is.

Encouraging start so far - nothing more.

I remember Lynch and Elphick getting a pair of clean sheets at Forest and Leeds away last season against far better forwards.

All I am saying is it is early days.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
The point I was making is that we have only played Crewe, Barnet and Bristol Rovers.

None of them should really be causing problems for our back four.

Hawkins has done ok, as have the other defenders. However, it is a bit early to say whether he is going to be as big a success as some of the people on this thread seem to think.

Only time will tell.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
the number nine was massive, fast and strong, Hawkins did well to keep him out of the game, so i disagree i think he has been tested.

Jimmy Grimble

Duffy and Lambert are decent strikers at this level. They were both big strong lads and Hawkins dealt with them far better than Elphick did, even with the ref on his back non-stop.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
From what i've seen of Hawkins so far he looks solid enough but from personal preference i'd rather we'd gone with the Lynch/Elphick partnership this season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hawkins is quality, a better defender than Elphick. If it came down to it I would pick Lynch and Hawkins as the back two.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's alright, nothing special though - think we can only afford one of him and Elphick and Tommy wins that one, for now.

Not a footballing god, but for his pace and passing ability, bring LYNCH back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here