Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Calderwood appointed as Hughton's assistant

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Interesting comment by Naylor today. 'CC joins the existing backroom team headed by Nathan Jones.' Does that mean that Jones is more senior than Calderwood? Is 1st team coach a more important job than Assistant Manager these days bearing in mind some clubs don't even have a manager or assistant manager, just a chief coach? Just wondering?

Cannot comment on most important, but usually the assistant manager is more senior than the first team coach.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Colin. Surely, the hierarchy is CH, CC, NJ...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My Norwich cousins (STHs for years), not broadly critical of CH (although thought him dull) were unanimous, as apparently are the vast majority of six fingered, web footers, that Calderwood was a complete waste of space. They normally know their onions.

As were the vast majority of NSCers about Jones before they got to see what he could actually do.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just seen the interview on PLAYER and I am very impressed, not frightened to have a difference of opinion

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My Norwich cousins (STHs for years), not broadly critical of CH (although thought him dull) were unanimous, as apparently are the vast majority of six fingered, web footers, that Calderwood was a complete waste of space. They normally know their onions.

Norwich fans wer fickled. CH had them 5 points clear of the drop zone with 5 games to go and still wanted Hughton sacked - His replacement duly picked up 1 point from a possible 15. Granted 4 of the last 5 were Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpoool, the other being Fulham, who were in freefall under Felix Magath but their home form was good - Now I know who I would have chosen to be in charge for those last 5 games, between Chris hughton and Neil Adams. I would have went for Hughton. They went for Adams.................So much for knowing their onions. Four pionts from 15 would have kept them up.

Colin Calderwood is a very different type of person from Chris Hughton. Calderwood doesnt put up with any nonsense from players not pulling their weight in training or on the pitch. He made it clear to the Norwich Golden Boy Grant Holt that if he didn't pull his weight then he would be gone. And he duly was. Thats why the Norwich fans dislike Colin Calderwood.

If you work hard and pull your weight then you wont have a problem with Calderwood and that cuts both ways. Norwich fans were happy to let Grant holt stroll around and score the odd goal. Calderwood wasnt

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Norwich fans wer fickled. CH had them 5 points clear of the drop zone with 5 games to go and still wanted Hughton sacked - His replacement duly picked up 1 point from a possible 15. Granted 4 of the last 5 were Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpoool, the other being Fulham, who were in freefall under Felix Magath but their home form was good - Now I know who I would have chosen to be in charge for those last 5 games, between Chris hughton and Neil Adams. I would have went for Hughton. They went for Adams.................So much for knowing their onions. Four pionts from 15 would have kept them up.

Colin Calderwood is a very different type of person from Chris Hughton. Calderwood doesnt put up with any nonsense from players not pulling their weight in training or on the pitch. He made it clear to the Norwich Golden Boy Grant Holt that if he didn't pull his weight then he would be gone. And he duly was. Thats why the Norwich fans dislike Colin Calderwood.

If you work hard and pull your weight then you wont have a problem with Calderwood and that cuts both ways. Norwich fans were happy to let Grant holt stroll around and score the odd goal. Calderwood wasnt

Good reading, I coudn't help but think of JFC while reading those last two paragraphs, Can't think why!. :wink:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As and when a job comes up that appears to be a promotion for NJ then he will apply and be off, it happens in all football why did Moyes leave Everton for Man United . Howe did the same at AFCB but then realized the grass is not always greener on the other side, it will always happen in football.

thank you for the thumbs down
what the hell was that for?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As and when a job comes up that appears to be a promotion for NJ then he will apply and be off, it happens in all football why did Moyes leave Everton for Man United . Howe did the same at AFCB but then realized the grass is not always greener on the other side, it will always happen in football.

There is no sign of a thumbs down on my post well not showing on my tablet. Anybody have any idea why this should happen?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There is no sign of a thumbs down on my post well not showing on my tablet. Anybody have any idea why this should happen?

someone has hacked your posts :lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
More a case of where they are cos I cant see one.

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 22.01.48.png

The red thing at the far right the image old chap------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Now I know what they are, how do they get applied, what have I been doing wrong?

its now changed magically to a thumbs up

and now its changed back
look don't worry there are more important things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here