Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Calderwood appointed as Hughton's assistant

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hope Nathen stays now unless he can find a management role elsewhere, Could be a Job at Yeovil next season.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Important that Hughton was able to make his own appointment.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As long as it doesn't drive Jones out (lesser role etc) it would seem a good appointment. Disappointed that it seems the continental approach has gone (can't see us going for many more Spanish players).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pleased with this appointment. I feel it was having an inexperienced No2 that killed off SH. I suggested Lennie Lawrence but was told he was too old sacked by Bolton etc but now No2 to Freedman again but at Forest. It is always good for the manager to have a No 2 he knows and trusts, as CH has chosen.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Good appointment until we start losing, at which point he'll probably become some sort of inverted NJ;

- 'Why was CH allowed to pick his own No.2, it clearly hasn't worked'
- 'He's too experienced and wants the top job, should be given to a coach'
- 'Why isn't it someone who knows the club and understand the fans?'
- 'Wer'z der PASSION?'

Etc.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The Nathan who said to Hyppia I know Kaz, you don't, lets play him centre midfield....
No, the Nathan who was overruled by the manager (Sami) who for 4 months of defeats, refused to play anything but a Christmas Tree 4321, using our most creative wide players through the middle and our full backs as wingers. Coincidentally the same Nathan without a loss against his name as caretaker manager.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A good appointment - now perhaps we can appoint some decent players on loan.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
If you don't understand it in English, you get it in Welsh and if that fails, smacked over the heed in Scottish.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Good appointment i reckon plenty of experience and picked by Houghton which is important, he is bringing in someone who he works well with.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I suspect Jones will end up taking a managers job in Div 1 or 2 soon, maybe at the end of the season. He has certainly earned his strips now.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
E's are good, E's are good, E's Colin Calderwood.

Class Spurs song from the 90s.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here