[Albion] Cole Palmer on loan?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Surely it's a win, win situation for Pep and City. We take Cole Palmer either permanently or on loan, who if fit will boost the possibility of us taking points off of City's supposed title/top four rivals. While not being allowed to play at either the Etihad or Amex against Man City.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surely it's a win, win situation for Pep and City. We take Cole Palmer either permanently or on loan, who if fit will boost the possibility of us taking points off of City's supposed title/top four rivals. While not being allowed to play at either the Etihad or Amex against Man City.
Are you seriously suggesting spend £40m on a player only for him not to play against the best side in the league?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Buy him, he can then play against any club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I dont think that stipulation would be valid if he was sold permanently.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I still can’t understand for the life of me, why Citeh would be considering selling him. Surely - they have decided to keep him but I’ve not seen that confirmed.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I would have gone all out to get him weeks ago, when these stories started. Both Lewis and Palmer were excellent when they appeared at the Amex. I hope the Chelsea story is wrong. He’ll get nothing like the game time we would give him, and I hope Pep would see that he would develop better under RDZ than in the chaos of Chelsea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not saying that we'll get him but if the fella wants more game time, why on earth would he go to Chelsea? I know they pay well but he's not going to be on the poverty line at the moment

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
That’s against League rules for permanent transfer

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d be interested if it’s a permanent, but absolutely not on loan. If teams like Chelsea and City Group want their players developing in the Premier League then they should put them in their own team.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would normally say no if it was a loan, but with Enciso being out for up to half the season wouldn’t a loan be a reasonable option?
I expect a loan to us would be preferable to City than a move to a potential top 4 competitor in Chelsea ( being realistic here about our chances this season).
Gives us more flexibility than a £30m move for Adli from Leverkusen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports