Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean Parking "Again"

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
My Dad lives in Ridge View(up the hill from the Hiker's) in Coldean-----he has a hard stand ooooer-missus!!. on his property.
Room for small/medium sized car on match days------open to offers.:albion2:
The more in the car the cheaper it will be in the long run:wink:

If i could get a normal size family saloon in the space?
i`d happily go to a fiver a game paid up in full on the first game of the season £115 quid + any home cup games.

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Wow a fiver a game is a good offer I was hoping to get one in that area for next season for £3 a game so £72 up front.
Anyone interested especially in Moulescombe area as closer to ground????

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Wow a fiver a game is a good offer I was hoping to get one in that area for next season for £3 a game so £72 up front.
Anyone interested especially in Moulescombe area as closer to ground????

Thing is i travel down from Hampshire and it`s only the price of a pint and a bag of crisp`s at the Amex.

A lot of the games last year i didn`t make it down until 1/2 an hour before kick off and with The M3 M25 always being a bit of the lottery i just wouldn`t be able to make kick off for many games if i used any other way of getting to the ground.
With that in mind i would give up my ST all togeather (which would kill me)i just want to relax and get to the ground before kick off and not to have to rush about trying to get there.
Has it is i`m always having to try and get shift swops and book holidays to get to a lot of games.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Some good points and suggestions raised and as we already knew there isn't a cheap or easy answer. My preference would be to utilise the unused parking at the Uni and Bridge car parks as the easiest option for the Club but the Club would have to reduce the prices for everyone to maximise their capacity - I can't just cough up an extra £13 pounds per match especially now I'm travelling in alone ! As has already been stated Mill Road is by far the 'best' P&R site which is why it fills up so early so I either have to roll up before 1PM or try Mithras - any ideas on how this site fares for number of buses and return timings for getaways ? I'm still thinking of driving most of the way and either getting a bus from Hangleton, or a train in from Shoreham (or similar). Appreciate all the contributions so far ! :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The question remains: where would you place such a site? (and that's not counting the fact that east of Brighton would mean getting planning permission from Lewes - who haven't be staunch Albion allies so far). The point about the trains is a good one though, why doesn't the area stretch to Eastbourne or at least Polegate?

I'm not wanting one, i'm just trying to get the point over to Somerset, that us in the East are hard done by too.
Another Park and Ride, even if they could find a suitable site, would mean even greater losses, meaning higher ticket/refreshment prices.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And for those who don't live in Hangleton?

Those that live in Brighton would still have Dyke Road to enter and exit by. Those in the Hove Park area could still head through Hangleton to the link road and onto the bypass. The bypass replaces Mill Hill and it could equally replace KG6th.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If i could get a normal size family saloon in the space?
i`d happily go to a fiver a game paid up in full on the first game of the season £115 quid + any home cup games.

That's more like it---have had a couple of other offers but will pm you with details.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I don't know why the school in coldean doesn't try to cash in on using their car park and playing field, loads of schools in London open up on match days especially in and around Arsenal most charging £10 a car, it would really help the school funds

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Bognor bystander ,I live in Pagham mate and am trying to sort something for next season ,I have two season tickets in east stand for myself and one which my brother in law and wife share in the east stand .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't know why the school in coldean doesn't try to cash in on using their car park and playing field, loads of schools in London open up on match days especially in and around Arsenal most charging £10 a car, it would really help the school funds

As mentioned earlier, the school would only hold about 40 cars at the most - perhaps 60 if the playground is used. At the suggested price of £5 that wouldn't leave that much for the school after paying for marshals.

£10 is another matter, that would make it worthwhile but as Bognor Bystander has said that £13 right next to the ground is too much, I don't see why £10 a mile away is a reasonable price.

But Mrs Gwylan is going to raise it at the governors' meeting

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
As mentioned earlier, the school would only hold about 40 cars at the most - perhaps 60 if the playground is used. At the suggested price of £5 that wouldn't leave that much for the school after paying for marshals.

£10 is another matter, that would make it worthwhile but as Bognor Bystander has said that £13 right next to the ground is too much, I don't see why £10 a mile away is a reasonable price.

But Mrs Gwylan is going to raise it at the governors' meeting

I stand by the fact that £13 is too much for 1 person to park for a football match so have PM'D Surlyseagull as such a cost shared (£10 or £13) via 2/3 would be more acceptable. Appreciate your efforts to help find more spaces for fellow supporters :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Update on Coldean School and the possibility of match-day parking.

It was raised at the governors' meeting today. The school liked the idea ("I saw pound signs" said the head teacher) and had already considered it but on investigating, they found that the number of health and safety requirements and the effect on their insurance would mean any profits would quickly vanish. So, it's just not financially viable to offer match-day parking at the school.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I believe these regulations come in next week so no parking for friendlies either I presume.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Update on Coldean School and the possibility of match-day parking.

It was raised at the governors' meeting today. The school liked the idea ("I saw pound signs" said the head teacher) and had already considered it but on investigating, they found that the number of health and safety requirements and the effect on their insurance would mean any profits would quickly vanish. So, it's just not financially viable to offer match-day parking at the school.

If they leave the gates open, I'll drop a couple of quid in the bucket when I pick my car up!

;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here