Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean Parking "Again"

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Not worked it out myself yet - my fellow car-sharers haven't renewed their ST's for next season so I'll be travelling alone. Tried the Racecourse P&R but not ideal as I had to leave home at 11:30am for 3pm KO and added about an hour on the homeward journey. The Train is the most obvious but either have to change twice (Barnham and Brighton) or find somewhere to park and join the rail route at the edge of the travel scheme eg Shoreham. Other options would include a 1/4 share in Uni parking space with family who travel down from Cuckfield/Lindfield but would need to rendez vous en route and park my car somewhere or get a bus/coach service from Bognor. Can't get my head round it but would welcome hearing any other options ;)

If i lived west of Brighton i would drive to Shoreham (you can park free within a few mins of the Station and train it from there.
But either way it`ll add an hour on your journey time.

My main problem is that due to work and other things i don`t get down to Brighton until 30 mins before kick off sometimes so i`ll be totally stuffed to make kick off.So thanks to the wankers at the club and the nimbys in Coldean, If this is the case and i miss too many starts i may well give up my ST and do a mix of home and away games.

Otherwise i may well get to Lewes and get the train to Falmer.

Last edited:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Should imagine a lot will just park outside the designated zones in Moulsecoobe and Coldean

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The club has said that the P&R at Hickstead is not feasible (which, leaping ahead, would also mean any P&R at Lancing is also not feasible). Racecourse P&R and University parking sites are both under-used at present.

The club is of the opinion that it doesn't need another P&R site.

Because nobody who works for the club ever uses the P&R

Coming from either the North or West of the County it's really not good, and having had two seasons to sort it out, they have failed miserably.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Yeah, I was definitely being ironic.

Although, if you were joining a gym anyway, that's a different matter.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
There is a Seagull Travel pickup on the A27 by Lancing Sports Centre if anyone is coming from that general area.

There are several pick up spots in Lancing including the Harvester, the empire club, broadway shops and like you say, the sports centre. The difference is it costs around £8-9 each match where as the p&r is free!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's quite clear that the club has to introduce a new P&R site and extend the platform at Falmer station. It will continue to get away with this all the while The Amex is an attractive place to be and the team is doing well, but just watch those season ticket renewals dip in a year or two when we're in the bottom half and people are queuing for 40 minutes to get away after a 1-0 defeat to Barnsley.

If attendances do drop away then surely the accompanying traffic will drop away too?

I've just ordered my visitor permits so my mate can continue to park in Coldean, I imagine there'll be a lot of people doing this - I honestly don't think there'll be much difference in the amount of parking in Coldean.

Jimmy Grimble

Pretty sure there's a football special bus that runs from Hollingbury/Patcham which goes past the Hollingbury Asda. Lots of parking round there so could do that? On the return journey you'd have to get the 24 bus from the stop just up from The Hikers which takes the same route. It's a pretty quick bus journey if I remember rightly.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is moulscoombe leisure centre feasible to walk from ?

It is but all the roads within half a mile radius of it are parking permit only.

Not sure what limitations are in place on the Leisure Centre itself but I can't see the council tolerating football traffic using it

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not sure what limitations are in place on the Leisure Centre itself but I can't see the council tolerating football traffic using it

Simple, attach a caravan to the back of your car and you can park anywhere you like, the council won't bat an eyelid..........

I assume that Home Farm Road is outside of the parking zone. That would be walking distance, or alternatively it would be easy to jump on a bus.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Is the parade of shops where the gulls chippy etc is situated at top of lewes rd round from bottom of coldean lane part of the new restrictions?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You might as well use Mithras House then. You can P&R, or take the 25 / 28 bus or take the train from there.

Quite. As it stands, Lower Bevendean, Hollingdean and Bates Estate are outside of the parking zone but if you're going to park there, P&R is the better option.

How under-used are the P&Rs at the moment? There are about 200 cars that currently use Coldean (I assume a similar number in Moulsecoomb), could the P&R sites cope with a couple of hundred more cars?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here