Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Coincidental (?) Potterish Things

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great shout and a real case for a more hostile and authentic atmosphere at the Amex when needed. Get behind our players and wind up theirs should be our start point.
Totally agree.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
That drubbing and his reception at the Amex seemed to really knock him. He looked absolutely broken as he trudged off when subbed, then appeared to be in tears when the cameras showed him in the stand at full time.

He looks defeated right now. He started okay tonight but by the time he was hauled off again by Potter he looked, once again, a shell of a man.
Yes, his confidence must be shot to pieces after the defeat at the Amex, plus the run of poor results triggered since then. Brighton were smart enough to sell him at peak-hype IMO. I think he's an emotional guy, still quite young, isn't feeling much love from Chelsea fans at the moment. Oh well, probably has more money in the bank than I've earned in a lifetime.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you could have a big red "bring back Potter" button, that would reinstall him/all his coaching team (as if nothing had happened) whilst erasing all the Chelsea/RDZ memories.

Would you push it?
Absolutely not! But I'd be tempted to, just as I am with the ones on the train

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Don't agree with the injuries. Don't think we had more than others and there's a large degree of randomness in when they come ...

However. The taking risks to play out from the back, thus getting 6 opposition players the wrong side of the ball, then playing 5 or 6 needless passes while they file back into shape. That's so Potter. Excellent for the possession stats and likely to result in a succession of goal-less draws and low scoring games.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Don't agree with the injuries. Don't think we had more than others and there's a large degree of randomness in when they come ...

However. The taking risks to play out from the back, thus getting 6 opposition players the wrong side of the ball, then playing 5 or 6 needless passes while they file back into shape. That's so Potter. Excellent for the possession stats and likely to result in a succession of goal-less draws and low scoring games.
Compare to RDZ’s plan - draw them in, take a few risks, then bomb forward. It’s a thing a beauty. At times we have 5-6 players bombing on - 4-5 in the box. And we actually attack, rather than stopping, turning around, passing backwards and waiting for them to politely shuffle back into position.

It’s a marked improvement in ambition and workrate.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
That drubbing and his reception at the Amex seemed to really knock him. He looked absolutely broken as he trudged off when subbed, then appeared to be in tears when the cameras showed him in the stand at full time.

He looks defeated right now. He started okay tonight but by the time he was hauled off again by Potter he looked, once again, a shell of a man.
It’s a crying shame - people on here should not be so vindictive

😃👍

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Compare to RDZ’s plan - draw them in, take a few risks, then bomb forward. It’s a thing a beauty. At times we have 5-6 players bombing on - 4-5 in the box. And we actually attack, rather than stopping, turning around, passing backwards and waiting for them to politely shuffle back into position.

This is it, nail head…

I am more than happy how things have panned out, we have absolutely got the best out of the deals with Chelsea so far.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great shout and a real case for a more hostile and authentic atmosphere at the Amex when needed. Get behind our players and wind up theirs should be our start point.
Given Chelsea is RDZ’s only home win, needed next game, and the game after…

Doesn’t always work though, home to Forest Spurs and Villa wasn’t too clever, poor away at Brentford, Arsenal granted players missing but still.

I’m not sure people’s need to run down Potter is effecting how they view how good we’ve been these last few seasons, and the continuation RDZ has been able to make. But running down what we did under Potter also runs down the team - it’s not a great look tbh.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think that’s naturally going to happen more now anyway with an animated RDZ in charge. There definitely feels more of a connection already.

And I say that as a big Potter fan.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Doesn’t always work though, home to Forest Spurs and Villa wasn’t too clever, poor away at Brentford, Arsenal granted players missing but still.

I’m not sure people’s need to run down Potter is effecting how they view how good we’ve been these last few seasons, and the continuation RDZ has been able to make. But running down what we did under Potter also runs down the team - it’s not a great look tbh.
It's perfectly acceptable to take a dig at an ungracious and fragile ex-manager... That's the tribal nature of footy mate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The bloke literally had six good months in three years results wise and left immediately. He finished lower with Swansea than Steve Cooper and now has Chelsea in 10th. He’s a fraud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here