Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Back on topic :Taylor St Barristas on Queens Rd for me . I only tend to have espressos - and they do hugely flavoursome ones - or ristrettos , the best I've had were in Rome , as thick as used engine oil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Machiatto for me. Always a lottery though, sometimes it's fantastic other times I think I've got some bitter dishwater.

Nespresso machine at home

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Red Roaster on St James's street is my number one in Brighton.

Eastbourne it is Beanzz on Grove Road, really good tea and sandwiches there too.

Lewes, never get far beyond Nero which is fly infested, staffed by uninterested morons and freezing cold all year round thanks to the AC being stuck on -16 but does OK coffee. Any recommendations apart from Costa gladly accepted.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Chain - Costas, invariably excellent, which is a surprise considering it's owned by Whitbread.
Independents - Spinelli in Kemp town . Amazing coffee but crap music. Mad hatters virtually opposite Taj does great coffee & I like the ambience.

Oct 25, 2003
Back on topic :Taylor St Barristas on Queens Rd for me . I only tend to have espressos - and they do hugely flavoursome ones - or ristrettos , the best I've had were in Rome , as thick as used engine oil.

I had a 'large' coffee from there the other day as I was at a training day at the Brighthelm....it was FOUR shots

I think I hallucinated at one point...pretty sure I had a few heart palpitations as well

Brighton_Rose

Up the Albion!
Aug 13, 2011
Withdean Brighton
I usually prefer Costa as found Nero too bitter, although did have a nice Nero the other day.
I also love Intenso in Hove as they make it just how I like it. Revive in Hove also good. Didn't like Small Batch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had a 'large' coffee from there the other day as I was at a training day at the Brighthelm....it was FOUR shots

I think I hallucinated at one point...pretty sure I had a few heart palpitations as well

I once had to drive a work van all the way back from Prague (with a colleague). Sensibly, we went out the night before, drank too much, and had about three hours sleep. He drove the first couple of hours, then said he was done, and I had to take a turn. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel after about TWO minutes, and pulled back over and had a coffee at a truck stop (I guess we were in Eastern Germany by this stage). I then proceeded to drive for HOURS, completely bright eyed and pin-sharp. I swear the coffee had SPEED in it. My collegaue woke up to find we were the other side of Europe, thinking WTF?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Can't look beyond good old Tim Hortons for a great mug of strong ground coffee with creamer at a great price... unfortunately travelling to Canada is cost prohibitive. Oh and I'm a coffee snob, so just don't do instant... I know, I know I'm sorry.

The only place I've ever seen Tim Hortons coffee and doughnuts on sale anywhere in the UK was......Lancing! The ASDA by the station used to have a vending machine for the coffee, up until a couple of years ago when it was then replaced by a different brand.

Not the same quality of the Canadian variety though. That served at Lancing bore more of a resemblance to boiled cats piss.

I'm told some SPAR shops also sell it although I've never seen any when I've been in one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here