Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee shop culture - how long do you spend in Costa etc ?

Do you spend a lot of time with or without your family in these ?

• Tax avoiding Starbucks ? (Allegedly)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Costa - good reward scheme ?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Nero - strange reward scheme ?

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • The one that was Ray Blooms Good Bean ( name escapes me) ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small Batch a little bitter tasting perhaps ?

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Presuming Ed a little pretentious for its location maybe ?

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Nescafé ?

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my sons went out with a Manageress of a local Starbucks branch and when in conversation she told me of her average weekly takings it made my pubs and most pubs takings look silly so I vowed not spend any more money in them and havent been in one since using small independants instead.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I like coffee a lot and Costa isn't awful (even the machine stuff in Petrol stations is passable) but there are too many of them and you can spend £8 on 2 coffees and a croissant if you are not careful - when they start getting charged business rates or full rates they will all disappear leaving the chains only.

I have to say I got a lovely coffee Croissant & jam for £3 (yes £3!!) before 12 at Cafe Rouge H Heath the other week - now that was a bargain !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Me and the wife usually frequent Costa, its clean not that expensive and convenient.
Try & build up the points on the card to use when needed.
There is a new Costa inside Next at High Wycombe, wife can go shopping whilst I....................................:D

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Never use any of the large chains always if in need of a coffee try and find an independent or hotel or pub

THIS

Needs a "wherever there is a Waitrose and I can get a free takeaway with my card" option. Occassionally indulge with a free one in a china mug in their cafe if I want to indulge in something to eat as well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Where is the option for I don't go into coffee shops? I don't drink coffee anyway, apart from that icy stuff from MacDonalds now and again.

I like going into proper a greasy spoon cafe though for a mug of tea with a bacon sarnie or a breakfast.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Where is the option for I don't go into coffee shops? I don't drink coffee anyway, apart from that icy stuff from MacDonalds now and again.

I like going into proper a greasy spoon cafe though for a mug of tea with a bacon sarnie or a breakfast.

You're lucky we don't get the time to eat/drink :rolleyes:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All the coffee shops are fantastic........if you are out shopping and touching cloth.
A great alternative to taking a McShit.
Otherwise they are pretentious and overly expensive.
Luckily I do not drink coffee but the price of tea and things like muffins and cookies is just ridiculous, it all the fault of Gunter and his business, before friends came along everyone was in cafes or locally run coffee house.
PS I do love local cafes that are usually owned by Italians so much more choice at better prices and nicely cooked or made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here