Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cody McDonald?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We obviously didnt do it with Stephen Ward and possibly Lewis Grabban.although in his case I think it was termed couldnt agree terms.(offered more to stay at AFCB)

They were under contract so it's a bit different. I'd guess Derby have done it with Darren Bent for example.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We'll get the reject list in August and end up doublin their wages

High wages for poor players. This is the result of Albion's sluggish approach to player recruitment, apparently supported by the moronic lickers on here. Astonishing arrogance. Even after they have been proved completely and utterly wrong last summer. Really, really p1sses me off.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We obviously didnt do it with Stephen Ward and possibly Lewis Grabban.although in his case I think it was termed couldnt agree terms.(offered more to stay at AFCB)

Ward is the primary example of our inability to get deals over the line. Personally, I think Grabban and his agent 'played' us. Here's hoping our new Recruitment head and team are more proactive than Burke and his bunch of failures.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
High wages for poor players. This is the result of Albion's sluggish approach to player recruitment, apparently supported by the moronic lickers on here. Astonishing arrogance. Even after they have been proved completely and utterly wrong last summer. Really, really p1sses me off.
When you have a wage bill of £20-23 million it doesn't take a genius to work out where the issues are.Its like paying league 1 players 10-15k a week literally and this needs to be stopped now.
The scouting has been atrocious and look how many players barely played last season while taking a hefty wage:nono:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
When you have a wage bill of £20-23 million it doesn't take a genius to work out where the issues are.Its like paying league 1 players 10-15k a week literally and this needs to be stopped now.
The scouting has been atrocious and look how many players barely played last season while taking a hefty wage:nono:

Couldn't agree more. At this stage, I'm still hopeful the new Recruitment set-up will deliver, but if it doesn't, then we are royally ****ed...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You're a real bore. Does it not occur to you that people weren't happy with our transfer activity last summer, they just couldn't face a whole summer of moaning about it. As I said last summer, and I stand by it, judge the club when we return for pre season (which is still three weeks away) rather than spending all summer moaning about lack of transfer. And, if you look, there's a lot of teams in the Championship yet to sign a player and, of the ones who have, there aren't many players who were affordable for us and would have been good signings. There is obviously activity going on so at least give the club until pre season to see where we are.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're a real bore. Does it not occur to you that people weren't happy with our transfer activity last summer, they just couldn't face a whole summer of moaning about it. As I said last summer, and I stand by it, judge the club when we return for pre season (which is still three weeks away) rather than spending all summer moaning about lack of transfer. And, if you look, there's a lot of teams in the Championship yet to sign a player and, of the ones who have, there aren't many players who were affordable for us and would have been good signings. There is obviously activity going on so at least give the club until pre season to see where we are.

The real bores are the lickers on here who keep saying 'be patient', without recognising the consequences of this, as PROVED last summer / then last season. Still, if you don't like my posts, that's up to you. BTW I agree it is early doors for recruitment, which is why I said "I'm still hopeful the new Recruitment set-up will deliver". Still, you just take every opportunity to criticise, even with no justification...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The real bores are the lickers on here who keep saying 'be patient', without recognising the consequences of this, as PROVED last summer / then last season. Still, if you don't like my posts, that's up to you. BTW I agree it is early doors for recruitment, which is why I said "I'm still hopeful the new Recruitment set-up will deliver". Still, you just take every opportunity to criticise, even with no justification...

To be fair, I saw that after I posted as it was a separate posts. I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing business early but I just don't see the need to go on about it all the time. I also find the term 'lickers' extremely offensive (and don't use the term 'bedwetters' either). It's completely unnecessary.

I'm not arguing that we had a poor time last summer. With the new setup, I'm hopeful that will change and it sounds like things will happen this week. If that means that Zamora, the Iranian winger and another sign, it will be a good sign. However, if it is the Finnish keeper (which is low priority in my mind) and Cody McDonald, it might be a concern.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't hold your breath,but miracles do happen:lolol:

Have. to. try. to. be. optimistic... Have. to try. to. be. patient...

Let's wait until the start of pre-season training.
Let's wait until the first friendly.
Let's wait until the first game proper.
Let's wait until then end of the August window.
Let's wait until the loan window.
Let's wait until the January window...

... oh, wait a minute, we're in the relegation places...

****ing lickers with their heads so far up the club's leadership's metaphorical ar$e they can't see straight.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, I saw that after I posted as it was a separate posts. I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing business early but I just don't see the need to go on about it all the time. I also find the term 'lickers' extremely offensive (and don't use the term 'bedwetters' either). It's completely unnecessary.

I'm not arguing that we had a poor time last summer. With the new setup, I'm hopeful that will change and it sounds like things will happen this week. If that means that Zamora, the Iranian winger and another sign, it will be a good sign. However, if it is the Finnish keeper (which is low priority in my mind) and Cody McDonald, it might be a concern.

OMG, I agree with you! :)

Sorry for saying 'lickers'. I must admit I use this term as short hand and in (probably childish) retaliation for the term bedwetter.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

That's fair enough, as long as it is when pre-season training begins and not 2 games into the season......

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
OMG, I agree with you! :)

Sorry for saying 'lickers'. I must admit I use this term as short hand and in (probably childish) retaliation for the term bedwetter.

I'm not sure we were ever saying much different. I agree with you about last summer being terrible and the season as a whole. We were very lucky to stay up. I also think we need to act early this summer but with pre season three weeks away, I'm not going to panic yet. If pre season comes and we've only made one or two signings, I might start to worry the club hasn't really learnt much from last season.

As for lickers/bedwetters, they're both equally pointless (and I know it was probably bedwetters that came first). We're all Brighton fans and want the club to do well. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we'll see a lot of signings and things will start to look up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's fair enough, as long as it is when pre-season training begins and not 2 games into the season......

That's just what I'm saying. The number of signings after the season started was ridiculous and we effectively gave up on the first two games (which were both very winnable). The performance at Birmingham, who hadn't won a home league game in a year, was pathetic.

My point is until pre season starts it doesn't matter whether we sign players today or a couple of days before pre season starts. Until then, we won't know how much the club has learnt from last season and whether we are going to act early. I really hope we are.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure we were ever saying much different. I agree with you about last summer being terrible and the season as a whole. We were very lucky to stay up. I also think we need to act early this summer but with pre season three weeks away, I'm not going to panic yet. If pre season comes and we've only made one or two signings, I might start to worry the club hasn't really learnt much from last season.

As for lickers/bedwetters, they're both equally pointless (and I know it was probably bedwetters that came first). We're all Brighton fans and want the club to do well. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we'll see a lot of signings and things will start to look up.

Olive branch post. I like it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gillingham striker we've bid for apparently. Source: Twitter.

Negotiations have stalled. The cash element of the deal isn't an issue but we're have trouble finding 3 old fridges and a broken sofa.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont agree with doing it but I can see the logic of starting the season with what we can obtain and afford and then wait for the Premier to allow players out on loan during the loan window. then bringing in them in, provided it is season loans not short term. We could have never afforded Bridge Texieria other than on loan. In general we have done reasonably well with loans other than strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here