COC Final

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And anybody who points out his oh so obvious shortcomings gets accused of being a 'hater'.

About 90 per cent of your posts on NSC are attacks on Poyet. Do you EVER post about anything else? You are so obsessed I think you must be a little bit in love with him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I do not think it got a good kicking to be honest, and the interviews after the game would show that it did not give his ego a kicking 1 bit.

2 world class goals that turned the game around and the Sunderland fans in the stands still singing all game. The result was almost secondary yesterday. After the game citeh fans asking why the Sunderland fans were still singing at the tube stations etc even though they had lost. It was about been there enjoying the game and the atmosphere.

1st cup final since '92 which I was 6 at the time so for me my first ever final, I would take yesterday over relegation all day long never been so proud to be a Sunderland fan.

Yep certainly right about the world class goals and it made the game more interesting for us because of the Gus factor whichever side of the fence we sit on.

Shame about £12m Fletcher being so one footed, I gues if he could use his right as well he would have cost you £24m :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would like to manage Chelsea
I would like to manage Barcelona
I would like to manager PSG
ALL very aspirational

You missed: I would like to manage Leeds, my budget isn't big enough (about 20 times, and including after a 41% increase), Suarez did nothing wrong, the referees are all idiots, I want to leave now (in March, and when doing very well), I'm refusing to do my job with the retained list, we've hit the ceiling and it's all about me (after losing to his club's biggest rivals in a key game), and so it goes on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
TB gave Reading permission to talk to GP NOT permission to GP to talk to Reading - that's the way it works, you can't prevent nor allow an individual talking to whoever they like - when Reading spoke to GP he turned them down!

He turned them down because he didn't want a relegation on his CV, not out of loyalty to our club or some other altruistic reason. Oh, and MASSIVE difference in the bit in bold there. Not.

Last edited:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yep certainly right about the world class goals and it made the game more interesting for us because of the Gus factor whichever side of the fence we sit on.

Shame about £12m Fletcher being so one footed, I gues if he could use his right as well he would have cost you £24m :lolol:

Right about Fletcher he really can be a weak link for us but at the same time score amazing goals!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No, please tell us - as you obviously do!

Show me where I have ever said that I know why he was fired-which could explain my question.

This is the Six Billion Dollar question.

My take on it is that he obviously had a bust up with 'the club' (by which I mean any or all of Bloom, Barber and Burke), probably over the finance that would be made available to strengthen the squad (which explains his mistimed 'we've hit the ceiling' comments).

You know that for a fact do you?

I also think the official reason for his suspension (as alluded to in the Argus at the time) was the fact that he refused to deal with the retained list (again, I assume this was related to the fact that he was being over-ruled in terms of the playing staff we could keep or who we could bring in). This would be enough to put him in breach of contract.

He was suspended and then fired for Gross Misconduct wasn't he? Not 'Breach of Contract'.

But if you know differently, please share your inside knowledge with the rest of us (and while you're at it, perhaps you could also explain why Tanno and Oatway were also suspended because I haven't a clue...)

Once again-I have no inside knowledge, any more than you do. Those two were suspended, presumably as part of the Gross Misconduct matter because they were part of the management team. Tanno subsequently was re-instated and then resigned. Oatway? Who knows? I'm not going to speculate, however, he was never publicly re-instated as far as I'm aware and his testimonial year fizzled out which is a pretty sad way to sever ties with the club.

One thing we do know is that Poyet dropped his intended legal action against The Albion. If I had been unlawfully dismissed, I'm damned sure I wouldn't walk away from the balance of my contract worth approximately £2.5M if figures I've seen quoted here are correct.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
this is news to me who has said he went to Reading and spoke to them?

and out of interest that nasty person Mauricio Pochettino has said that he would one day love to manage PSG

Errrrr....that would be Gus.

"I had an opportunity to leave for a Premiership club. Everything was agreed. I was given permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer - very difficult to refuse and I was loyal.

"I was loyal to the club and I decided to stay."

The Big Ego speaks

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
About 90 per cent of your posts on NSC are attacks on Poyet. Do you EVER post about anything else? You are so obsessed I think you must be a little bit in love with him.

Nonsense. I would say the figure is no higher than 85%! ;-) Seriously, if you care to check, you will find that my posts are about all things Albion, including our beloved ex-manager. I'll admit to some previous man-love for Gus, then I saw the light. Unfortunately, some are too slow to realise that he was damaging our club at the end of his tenure, and he had to go. Some even want him back now (deluded)!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He was suspended and then fired for Gross Misconduct wasn't he? Not 'Breach of Contract'.

It was originally breach of contract - and then oddly changed to gross misconduct.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nonsense. I would say the figure is no higher than 85%! ;-) Seriously, if you care to check, you will find that my posts are about all things Albion, including our beloved ex-manager. I'll admit to some previous man-love for Gus, then I saw the light. Unfortunately, some are too slow to realise that he was damaging our club at the end of his tenure, and he had to go. Some even want him back now (deluded)!

I haven't seen any posts that want him back except for wind ups.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Show me where I have ever said that I know why he was fired-which could explain my question.

You know that for a fact do you?

Once again-I have no inside knowledge, any more than you do. Those two were suspended, presumably as part of the Gross Misconduct matter because they were part of the management team. Tanno subsequently was re-instated and then resigned. Oatway? Who knows? I'm not going to speculate, however, he was never publicly re-instated as far as I'm aware and his testimonial year fizzled out which is a pretty sad way to sever ties with the club.

One thing we do know is that Poyet dropped his intended legal action against The Albion. If I had been unlawfully dismissed, I'm damned sure I wouldn't walk away from the balance of my contract worth approximately £2.5M if figures I've seen quoted here are correct.

A key point that the blinkered few can't seem to take on board.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

I only ever see your anti-Poyet ones then! I'm not saying Poyet was blameless, he certainly had his faults (engaging mouth before brain being one of them) and he was/is a volatile character which means there were always likely to be fall-outs. I just wish someone had banged some heads together and they'd managed to sort something out. Of course. it would help everyone on both sides of the debate if we actually knew what had happened (it may well be that the club had absolutely no option but to sack him) but no-one does, or at least if they do they're not saying.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thought I'd come into this post to see what people were saying about the performance between Man City and Sunderland. Waste of time really.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

The claim was: "About 90 per cent of your posts on NSC are attacks on Poyet. Do you EVER post about anything else?" All I said was that I post on many, many Albion-related subjects on NSC (check it out if you like). I agree when I post about Gus I am always anti about his personality flaws. However, always positive about his management of our team. Also, latterly, consistently saying he will keep Sunderland up (even in this very thread!). But then, that doesn't fit with the attempted portrayal of me as some rabid Gus hater, does it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well, there have been a few idiots on here not realising what a complete and utter disaster that would be. << I think I understand what you were saying now TB! >>

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I only ever see your anti-Poyet ones then! I'm not saying Poyet was blameless, he certainly had his faults (engaging mouth before brain being one of them) and he was/is a volatile character which means there were always likely to be fall-outs. I just wish someone had banged some heads together and they'd managed to sort something out. Of course. it would help everyone on both sides of the debate if we actually knew what had happened (it may well be that the club had absolutely no option but to sack him) but no-one does, or at least if they do they're not saying.

Yes, and I'm not saying!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The claim was: "About 90 per cent of your posts on NSC are attacks on Poyet. Do you EVER post about anything else?" All I said was that I post on many, many Albion-related subjects on NSC (check it out if you like). I agree when I post about Gus I am always anti about his personality flaws. However, always positive about his management of our team. Also, latterly, consistently saying he will keep Sunderland up (even in this very thread!). But then, that doesn't fit with the attempted portrayal of me as some rabid Gus hater, does it?

I think you quoted the wrong person.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well, there have been a few idiots on here not realising what a complete and utter disaster that would be. << I think I understand what you were saying now TB! >>

I don't think I've seen anyone saying they actually want him to come back. The bridges have well and truly been burnt.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The complete and utter disaster was sacking him in the first place. Sunderland fans are lucky to have such a phenomenal manager, just as we were, but we could have done so much more to keep him here.

No, we averted a disaster. Sunderland can afford to buy his toys and they are more suited each other.

Although I gave Gus the benefit of the doubt at the time, I hold him fully responsible for letting Murray go and it taking a year and a half to find a replacement.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports