COC Final

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You're forgetting that Poyet was suspended and sacked by the club. He didn't walk out on us or resign.

?

Yes he did resign- in March on THE DAY of the Palace game or have you forgotten that? He wanted to walk out on us but TB told him his request was refused.

Do you know why he was suspended and consequently fired? It wasn't for curling one out. Maybe Bridcutt attitude this season is a bit of a clue?

Over to you.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yes he did resign- in March on THE DAY of the Palace game or have you forgotten that? He wanted to walk out on us but TB told him his request was refused.

Do you know why he was suspended and consequently fired? It wasn't for curling one out. Maybe Bridcutt attitude this season is a bit of a clue?

Over to you.

Even TB doesn't claim he resigned in March!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How pleasing it was to see Mr Arrogant' s huge ego getting a good kicking. Nice one Citeh.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What's that got to do with it? Are Man Utd better off under Moyes? Are Wigan Better off under Uwe Rösler? Now tell me a manager does not make a difference.
There is a big difference losing a game and playing well and not turning up. Sunderland looked up for it against Chelsea and for much of the match today. Please do not tell me that Brighton looked like a side that wanted it against Palace. A managers job is to prepare a side for a game and then it's the players responsibility to do the job on the pitch. I shall watch your posts in the future to see that you do not blame the manager/ coach.

I'm not saying managers don't make a difference but I'm tired of people pinning the events of that game squarely on Gus. He isn't the only culpable party; both management AND players failed in their duty.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You're forgetting that Poyet was suspended and sacked by the club. He didn't walk out on us or resign.

I'm still waiting for one of the Poyet haters to tell me exactly what he did, except be our best manager for decades and take our team from the bottom half of League One to the edge of the Premier League?

You really miss him don't you?

You forgot to add that he was also the best funded manager for decades, playing in a brand new stadium to sell out crowds.

He didn't turn this club around himself - although in your eyes he probably did.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He offered his resignation which was refused. Subsequently he was sacked.

In post #138 you stated that Brighton resurrected his career. Up to that point he had been an assistant manager. We were his first managerial job.

I can understand why you think the Amex had an effect on the team but Poyet had 20 months at Withdean turning us round from relegation candidates to winning the division at a canter with a record number of points.

Obviously you don't like him, Bwian, so whatever I post will make no difference to your opinion.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
double post

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

In post #138 you stated that Brighton resurrected his career. Up to that point he had been an assistant manager. We were his first managerial job.

I can understand why you think the Amex had an effect on the team but Poyet had 20 months at Withdean turning us round from relegation candidates to winning the division at a canter with a record number of points.

Obviously you don't like him, Bwian, so whatever I post will make no difference to your opinion.

And you are obviously one of his groupies who can see no wrong in anything he does or did. He was an unemployed former assistant manager given a perfect opportunity by The Albion or do you not remember that bit?

There is no doubt he was a key part in the club's turnaround, unfortunately, the likes of you seem to think he did it all by himself.

Where you are wrong is that I used to like him. Hated him whoring himself at every opportunity but still enjoyed him being manager. Until the playoffs where his attitude stank and set us back who knows how long? His affect on Bridcutt this season pissed me off too, the player clearly had eyes elsewhere as soon as Poyet took the Sunderland job. Still, you carry on with the love-in because nothing I say will make any difference to your opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And you are obviously one of his groupies who can see no wrong in anything he does or did. He was an unemployed former assistant manager given a perfect opportunity by The Albion or do you not remember that bit?

Where you are wrong is that I used to like him. Hated him whoring himself at every opportunity but still enjoyed him being manager. Until the playoffs where his attitude stank and set us back who knows how long? His affect on Bridcutt this season pissed me off too, the player clearly had eyes elsewhere as soon as Poyet took the Sunderland job. Still, you carry on with the love-in.

There is no doubt he was a key part in the club's turnaround, unfortunately, the likes of you seem to think he did it all by himself.

Sorry, I thought it was reasoned debate, not jumping to conclusions from stating facts. My mistake.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I think you may have got that bit slightly wrong don't you?

He wanted to resign in March. resignation (rightfully so) refused at a critical point in our season.

Suspended and then fired in May for gross misconduct.

2 totally separate incidents. Possibly connected, who knows?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Well said.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you may have got that bit slightly wrong don't you?

He wanted to resign in March. resignation (rightfully so) refused at a critical point in our season.

Suspended and then fired in May for gross misconduct.

2 totally separate incidents. Possibly connected, who knows?

Agree, phoning Bloom and saying "if I could leave tomorrow I would" is not offering a resignation. It is more about putting Bloom in a very awkward position. Bearing in mind that Poyet only extended his £1.2m contract some ten months earlier.

Some people think that Gus gave us his services for free when we were paying him fantastic money to do a job.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Do you know why he was suspended and consequently fired?.

No, please tell us - as you obviously do!

This is the Six Billion Dollar question.

My take on it is that he obviously had a bust up with 'the club' (by which I mean any or all of Bloom, Barber and Burke), probably over the finance that would be made available to strengthen the squad (which explains his mistimed 'we've hit the ceiling' comments).

I also think the official reason for his suspension (as alluded to in the Argus at the time) was the fact that he refused to deal with the retained list (again, I assume this was related to the fact that he was being over-ruled in terms of the playing staff we could keep or who we could bring in). This would be enough to put him in breach of contract.

But if you know differently, please share your inside knowledge with the rest of us (and while you're at it, perhaps you could also explain why Tanno and Oatway were also suspended because I haven't a clue...)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, please tell us - as you obviously do!

This is the Six Billion Dollar question.

My take on it is that he obviously had a bust up with 'the club' (by which I mean any or all of Bloom, Barber and Burke), probably over the finance that would be made available to strengthen the squad (which explains his mistimed 'we've hit the ceiling' comments).

I also think the official reason for his suspension (as alluded to in the Argus at the time) was the fact that he refused to deal with the retained list (again, I assume this was related to the fact that he was being over-ruled in terms of the playing staff we could keep or who we could bring in). This would be enough to put him in breach of contract.

But if you know differently, please share your inside knowledge with the rest of us (and while you're at it, perhaps you could also explain why Tanno and Oatway were also suspended because I haven't a clue...)

1) How can players commit to signing for us when the manager is not committed?

2) And why would Bloom feel comfortable spending millions signing players for Gus if he could leave at any time?

3) Gus had already had talks with Wolves and he had talks with Reading. If he wanted to make a strong case to Bloom about his commitment he wouldn’t have spoken to any of them.

4)Bloom tested his commitment to the club by letting him speak to these clubs and Gus failed by willingly going. He could have quite have easily said he wasn’t interested, and that would have made a massive difference to Blooms thoughts on this and given him confidence in the manager and future signings.

5) People must also bear in mind that we had only just bought Ulloa in February so Bloom still had some confidence in Gus at that time.

6) Go back to 1)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1)

3) Gus had already had talks with Wolves and he had talks with Reading. If he wanted to make a strong case to Bloom about his commitment he wouldn’t have spoken to any of them.

4)Bloom tested his commitment to the club by letting him speak to these clubs and Gus failed by willingly going. He could have quite have easily said he wasn’t interested, and that would have made a massive difference to Blooms thoughts on this and given him confidence in the manager and future signings.

He didn't talk to Wolves.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9547801.Poyet_breaks_silence_on_Wolves_interest/?ref=rc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports