Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COC Final

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Because I'm not bitter he's my hero? I don't really care how Sunderland get on any more than most other teams. They win/lose and it doesn't bother me. Without him we probably wouldn't have been in the playoffs and we are in a better position than per-poyet. All I was trying to point out is that these things happen all the time in football.

Not when you are given your first crack at management, with the backing of a great chairman and board, the potential to be a Ferguson/Wenger type manager the blueprint of premiership football in a tasty stadium and adored by the fans it doesn't (rarely)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are, but this time last season we really started to push on and gained a lot of points, this time around we look clueless and I'll be amazed if we get to the same points total.

Not really. This time last year we put in our most inept performance of the season in drawing against Bristol City - the division's worst team - without managing a shot. We then lost the following week against Barnsley. It was only really when after we'd beaten Palace 4 days after that that we managed any sort of consistency in the run in.

I think having Ince back in the side will make a huge difference; we were crap the last time he didn't play.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Poyet: "The players didn't do do what I told them to do."

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm sensing a lot of bitterness here, think some people need to move on, it was 7 months ago

Indeed - the Gus haters tend to jump on anyone saying anything positive about him yet we still discuss Lloyd, Mullery, Wilkins, Melia and Adams in a positive way. I'd suggest it's the haters that need to move on. Sunderland put up a better fight against Man City than we did against Hull.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not when you are given your first crack at management, with the backing of a great chairman and board, the potential to be a Ferguson/Wenger type manager the blueprint of premiership football in a tasty stadium and adored by the fans it doesn't (rarely)

will some please change the record

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not really. This time last year we put in our most inept performance of the season in drawing against Bristol City - the division's worst team - without managing a shot. We then lost the following week against Barnsley. It was only really when after we'd beaten Palace 4 days after that that we managed any sort of consistency in the run in.

I think having Ince back in the side will make a huge difference; we were crap the last time he didn't play.
I'm fully aware of the Bristol game as I was there to witness it in all its horror. Fast forward those 2 freakish games and like you said we picked up and really pushed on, this time around we are simply not as good as a team, no matter which way people try to spin it 34 goals in 32 games is not good enough, and we don't particularly look like picking up the pace any time time soon. If we make it into the play offs it will be because Forest/Wigan capitulate, not by us playing good football. All of this is just my opinion of course.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Indeed - the Gus haters tend to jump on anyone saying anything positive about him yet we still discuss Lloyd, Mullery, Wilkins, Melia and Adams in a positive way. I'd suggest it's the haters that need to move on. Sunderland put up a better fight against Man City than we did against Hull.

This

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well, Wembley is going to need a new ceiling somewhere in the ground.

Perhaps Poyet simply cant handle the big games. At least they wont be in Europe now too !!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I have nothing against Gus, but you have to wonder how he got Sunderland to Wembley and on the way beat Chelsea. Yet he only got us as far as the play offs last year. A great manager should get the best out of what he has. Gus has beaten better teams on the way to wembley with Sunderland, why could he not manage that with us? We had Palace and Watford to beat to get to the premiership. Look who Sunderland beat.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Most of them do it for the wind up.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
GrandImpureAmericanrobin.gif

Pick that out!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have nothing against Gus, but you have to wonder how he got Sunderland to Wembley and on the way beat Chelsea. Yet he only got us as far as the play offs last year. A great manager should get the best out of what he has. Gus has beaten better teams on the way to wembley with Sunderland, why could he not manage that with us? We had Palace and Watford to beat to get to the premiership. Look who Sunderland beat.

Ultimately it is players who win matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here