Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
And that's my point, in a nutshell.

I wasn't there, I didn't watch the stream (ladies on bicycles) I had the radio on and The Football League show.

They showed one, slightly better than half, chance.

Statistically, last season had that chance fallen to Sturridge or Welbeck they would have needed that chance 4 times to score 1 goal.

Yet, second division, CMS is expected to be better than the best the country has to offer.

I keep saying I believe in Sami and the team, I believe finally CMS will get those 4 chances, then and only then should he be properly judged.

The stats are out there already... He is 4 appearances a goal consistently, that's 8 or 12 chances per goal?
If someone can run appearances Vs goals with left foot and with head it will readily show his weaknesses, it will read out close to XX vs 0 vs 0

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The stats are out there already... He is 4 appearances a goal consistently, that's 8 or 12 chances per goal?
If someone can run appearances Vs goals with left foot and with head it will readily show his weaknesses, it will read out close to XX vs 0 vs 0
I must have missed the memo that guaranteed a minimum of 4 guilt edged chances per appearance.
It's also such a shame CMS is the only player not aloud credit for assists.

Has he ? Blimey.
Ah am I guilty of not really reading an NSC thread, then assuming the general gist is gospel.

Many apologises.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And that's my point, in a nutshell.

I wasn't there, I didn't watch the stream (ladies on bicycles) I had the radio on and The Football League show.

They showed one, slightly better than half, chance.

Statistically, last season had that chance fallen to Sturridge or Welbeck they would have needed that chance 4 times to score 1 goal.

Yet, second division, CMS is expected to be better than the best the country has to offer.

I keep saying I believe in Sami and the team, I believe finally CMS will get those 4 chances, then and only then should he be properly judged.

So you didn't even watch the stream and yet you're coming out with crap like this. He SHOULD have taken either a) the gimme at the end of the first half where he just stopped expecting offside and spacked up a routine header from 4 yards or b) the highly presentable chance with 10 minutes to go where he didn't even hit the target.

Of course he would have scored a tap in if Bennett had been able to cross rather than the appalling delivery that spooned 10 yards above his head and perhaps we wouldn't be having this conversation, but the fact is CMS SHOULD have scored. I'm not interested in your stupid comparisons with Premier league strikers, because they have to be an awful lot better to find the space to create those opportunities in the first place. Those 4 chances that apparently Sturridge needs might take him 3 games to find, whereas at that level, it would take CMS about 15 games.

At the end of the day, he's not the player we thought we were buying. We paid £2.5m (which could rise/have risen to £3.25m), and he sits in the middle of the pack in terms of effectiveness when compared to ALL our strikers down our time at the Amex. He's scored the odd worldy, he works bloody hard, but he isn't much of a threat and he can't even hold the ball up. It's massively disappointing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've persevered in my defence of him, largely because of his Posh record and his considerable effort.

But I think he's had more than enough time to prove himself and 3 managers have given him ample opportunity.

His first touch is woeful, he can't run with the ball and he needs an army of teammates around to pull defenders away to give him the acres of space he needs

He's scored a couple of crackers but I now assume they were more or less 'flukes'

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Appears that it's not just me that thinks he's had his chances and not taken then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting to note that The Sun reporter made him MOM on Saturday not just for us but the best player on the field. But take no notice of him he only earns his living reporting on football matches and therefore has quite an in depth knowledge of the game.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Interresting to note that The Sun reporter made him MOM on Saturday not just for us but the best player on the field. But take no notice of him he only earns his living reporting on football matches and therefore has quite an in depth knowledge of the game.

Sorry I forgot we should be indoctrinated by everything we read in the press! Silly me!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are usually pretty accurate in their posting on transfer and general football writing. They may sensationalise certain stories but their general reporting of games is quite good and fairly accurate on the matches I have attended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here