CMS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It has been mentioned that GP never wanted him.

Who knows how the relationship developed over time and things might have changed re: Gus' tactics and how he used him... But when he was signed and certainly in public Gus was quoted over and over about how much of a fan he was of CMS, he was his #1target and what an impressive player he was. So the idea that he "never wanted him" . Nonsense.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Expect him to start today and who knows might score ( have Charlton got a slow centre back or two?), but if a decent offer comes in would accept it without question.
To lose him on a free would be stupid after the initial investment, however, to offer a new contract to a middling at best championship striker when the club are hoping for premier league would, in my view, be mad. Throwing good money after bad.

Wasn't this the sort of things that was said about Glenn Murray when he left us (League 1 standard, not good enough for us if we are going to challenge, too much of a risk as unproven at that level) - How did those predictions turn out?

I think he is worthy of a new contract if he can show that he has completely recovered from his injury that lead to him missing most of last season. Once he's done that, i think we should get him signed up asap.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Quite a lot of bull on this thread about Poyet not rating CMS, he raved about him. The sad truth is he bought a player that is superb at running onto a ball and hitting it and asked him to play with his back to goal, Gus' mistake not Craigs, this exposed a massive weakness in Craigs game, he had the first touch of a rapist. However, for having gone through that I think CMS is a better player today than when we signed him, he has greatly improved his first touch and if he now gets the sort of service that I think our midfield will give him, he will hit 20 odd no problem, if he gets the games. The question is will Baldock and CMS be rotated, as I think they are similar players.

Upshot is I reckon Craig will be offered a new deal in Jan, I believe he will want to stay as the new style suits him, but if he has hit double figures by then, we will be fighting offers from elsewhere.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTE I reckon Craig will be offered a new deal in Jan, I believe he will want to stay as the new style suits him, but if he has hit double figures by then, we will be fighting offers from elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we should start new contract talks now or very soon.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Quite a lot of bull on this thread about Poyet not rating CMS, he raved about him. The sad truth is he bought a player that is superb at running onto a ball and hitting it and asked him to play with his back to goal, Gus' mistake not Craigs, this exposed a massive weakness in Craigs game, he had the first touch of a rapist. However, for having gone through that I think CMS is a better player today than when we signed him, he has greatly improved his first touch and if he now gets the sort of service that I think our midfield will give him, he will hit 20 odd no problem, if he gets the games. The question is will Baldock and CMS be rotated, as I think they are similar players.

Upshot is I reckon Craig will be offered a new deal in Jan, I believe he will want to stay as the new style suits him, but if he has hit double figures by then, we will be fighting offers from elsewhere.

Agree with most of that ... although I'm not sure his first touch has improved at all :)

As much as anything else I think he is just a friggin nuisance to play against, not your "predictable" front man, and the likes of him and Baldock on their day should turn many of the imobile CB pairings in this league, inside out

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
[QUOTE I reckon Craig will be offered a new deal in Jan, I believe he will want to stay as the new style suits him, but if he has hit double figures by then, we will be fighting offers from elsewhere.

Perhaps we should start new contract talks now or very soon.[/QUOTE]

If Sammi had been in the job longer I think we would, but I think Sammi has to have the chance to see him play a bit more before he commits.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If Sammi had been in the job longer I think we would, but I think Sammi has to have the chance to see him play a bit more before he commits.[/QUOTE]

I would think that Sami will have gained a view within a couple of weeks certainly by the end of September which gives time to seal it before Christmas.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Agree except... we need to offer WELL BEFORE Jan...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

If Sammi had been in the job longer I think we would, but I think Sammi has to have the chance to see him play a bit more before he commits.[/QUOTE]

That would be a big mistake on Sami's part. Akin to the Gus decision on Muzza.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
After what I heard this week if he doesn't start he could be on his way,hope I'm wrong.

What did you hear and from whom?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
CMS starts

And had a horrific game where he was marked out it with ease by their centre backs. We looked a lot better once he went off.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
And had a horrific game where he was marked out it with ease by their centre backs. We looked a lot better once he went off.

JfC should be shipped out before CMS. The only reason why JFC gets the nod before our new signings is because he's the new poster boy. He was crap today and should be dropped.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
JfC should be shipped out before CMS. The only reason why JFC gets the nod before our new signings is because he's the new poster boy. He was crap today and should be dropped.

Shouldn't laugh, but you want to get rid of a 20 year old player who has started every game this and plenty last season. So is southgate picking him because he is the poster boy then. What about Oscar last season.

It seems to me he's lost a yard or two of pace, fraid that could be crucial to his game. Difficult decsion now for Sami but I'd be suprised now not see Colunga or Baldock get the chance to lead the line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports