Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
No of course Gus likes him. He is a very likable guy. Even I like CMS as a person. I just don't rate him as a championship player. Deep down Gus made a big mistake signing him. I think he is starting to realise that now

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet has an amazing knack of saying the wrong thing....Instead of laughing it off and saying Cms is going nowhere and he is a Brighton player with three years left on his contract. He says clubs should put up or shut up!!!!...Nothing like an arm around the shoulder, is there?...Bet Cms really feels the warmth and love from his manager.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Can't believe this is true but someone close to an 'interested club' told me he was on £30k per week here. Really hope that is bollocks...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Can't believe this is true but someone close to an 'interested club' told me he was on £30k per week here. Really hope that is bollocks...
That is complete bollocks. However if we were talking about someone else, whilst it wouldn't be true, it wouldn't be complete bollocks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Gus said exactly the right thing as clubs know what we paid for him so can guess what would tempt us sell him so either offer that amount or shut up and don't try to unsettle the player.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not sure that this has been posted anywhere else, but BF Bunny has "Come Clean" on twitter with the striker details he was referring to all last week.

BennettsFieldBunny‏[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]nettsField

But if so that won't happen until end of August. And only if QPR pay most of his wages.

9h BennettsFieldBunny‏[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]nettsField

And apparently at the start of the summer we enquired about Bobby Z and were told he isn't for sale. But the club may try again for a loan.

But McCormack didn't want to leave Leeds. So agreed a revised deal. In all this we offered for Beckford but the whole thing stalled

We tried to to straight swap CMS for McCormack. That failed. Then Leicester agreed value for McCormack meaning CMS could be bought by Leeds

So as it now isn't looking like happening, this is what I heard.......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bennetts field knows nothing . In fact no one does . I think a couple have luckily guessed a signing each but no one ITK that much is obvious

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To all of you who think that CMS is gone...why did Gus adjust our style of play yesterday to include playing to CMS strengths? There were quite a few long balls down the channels for him to chase and quite a few through balls from midfield for him to chase. he hardly let the team do this all last season so why start now if he is about to sell the only player we have who plays like that?? Be in no doubt that CMS looked like his old self yesterday and his ball control, which I thought was very iffy last season, was actually pretty good for the most part. I really hope he stays and comes good.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To all of you who think that CMS is gone...why did Gus adjust our style of play yesterday to include playing to CMS strengths? There were quite a few long balls down the channels for him to chase and quite a few through balls from midfield for him to chase. he hardly let the team do this all last season so why start now if he is about to sell the only player we have who plays like that?? Be in no doubt that CMS looked like his old self yesterday and his ball control, which I thought was very iffy last season, was actually pretty good for the most part. I really hope he stays and comes good.

Be interesting to see how things work out on tuesday if Cardiff sit back....Poyet mentioned last seasons match as one of those where we needed something different to offer up front

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think yesterday showed that if you play to CMS strengths then he is a danger.

If you leave him to feed off scraps like a large part of last season his form suffers and you don't get the best out of him.

It's an interesting choice for Gus as he obviously likes to play a certain way, have to see what happens as if Vicente was fit yesterday would CMS have started ? After yesterday's performance he has to start Tuesday but when Vicente and/or the target man comes into the side will it be Barnes who makes way ?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Sounds to me like a deal has fallen through but there are still a lot of enquiries but they are not concrete enough. Looks like Gus wants to deal but only at the right price

He scored 9 times in the league last season no one will sign him at this level, Warnock was playing a game with Gus he never wanted McSmudger, swap a 20 goal striker for a 9 goal striker is Gus thick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here