Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS, why?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Sami said in German football they change the team a lot to counter the opposition. I doubt CMS would have done much better against a strong Sheffield Wednesday:)lolol:) team. I expect to see our front players rotating a lot depending on our opposition..

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sami said in German football they change the team a lot to counter the opposition. I doubt CMS would have done much better against a strong Sheffield Wednesday:)lolol:) team. I expect to see our front players rotating a lot depending on our opposition..

How much can you rotate three players??? And to what effect if all of them are pony.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The issue for the club will be renewal time next season. The 7% churn this season will be gazumped next year as fans will not believe what they are told due to what is happening now with the slowness to replace the quality thst hss gone

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I wish KLL had been, he was a great impact sub and didn't have the same impact when playing for 90 mins (even though one of our better players yesterday), he wasn't bursting away from defenders.

I would say that was more the position he was asked to play (inside forward) rather then Lualua in general. Never really got the chance to isolate the full back

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I wish KLL had been, he was a great impact sub and didn't have the same impact when playing for 90 mins (even though one of our better players yesterday), he wasn't bursting away from defenders.

Playing KLL through the centre just doesn't work as well as having him out wide, but in general I agree he never looks the same player when he starts.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Are you serious??? The transfer window may not get going, but the real season does. IF and that's a massive if, we miss out on the play offs by 4 points, that will be because we waited so long. Same as if we go down by 1 point, it will be because we waited so long. If we were one or even two short you might have a point, but we need half a bloody team....and new players rarely hit the ground running either.

I give up. The point I'm making is that the players available are limited until the premier league teams declare their squads. Agents and clubs tend to hold off until this happens. Why would you spunk your transfer budget before all the players are available. Many clubs won't sell until they know what's out there and that doesn't happen until the squads are declared. Why do you think sky spend so much time and effort covering the end of the window? It's because that's when most of the real business happens. Get a grip!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Never thought I'd say this, but I think we need a big donkey like Sheff Wed had, just to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Everything that went forward just bounced off COG and Shamir yesterday.

Really thought Buckley or CMS should have started instead of Fenelon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never thought I'd say this, but I think we need a big donkey like Sheff Wed had, just to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Everything that went forward just bounced off COG and Shamir yesterday.

Really thought Buckley or CMS should have started instead of Fenelon.

We did have a donkey like him - the equally slow and immobile Ulloa.

I would like to see some stats on balls played up to or near COG - I thought he did well and won a large proportion of those, even when played poorly to him.

Agree about Buckley - if fit, start with him. Still has quality, which is lacking elsewhere in the current squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We did have a donkey like him - the equally slow and immobile Ulloa.

I would like to see some stats on balls played up to or near COG - I thought he did well and won a large proportion of those, even when played poorly to him.

Agree about Buckley - if fit, start with him. Still has quality, which is lacking elsewhere in the current squad.

Would that be the Ulloa that we sold for £8m plus? Personally, thought he was an asset and we looked toothless without him, wont be easy to replace.

Certainly too early to judge COG, not sure he won as many as you think, but even if he won them, the fact nobody got on the end of them is all that matters ultimately.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Totally agree I thought our Big Sam got a few things wrong yesterday,especially the omission and/or late introduction of CMS. When we went down to 10 men he brought on 2 guys who you wouldn't want on in the trenches with you and left our workaholic clicking his heels for a few minutes longer. I guess he was trying to improve the ball retention quality but Kemy's distribution was woeful.

The place was very flat yesterday, the North Stand was quiet and lots of fans around me had low expectations about the forthcoming season but that's no surprise. No club can get rid of the quality Vicente, PIG, Bridcutt, Barnes, Orlandi, Upson, Bridge or Ward and Ulloa without suitable replacements in such a small space of time and think we can continue to push for promotion.

The positives I took from yesterday were:

1. Greer was immense and Hughes very tidy
2. Bruno made some outstanding runs
3. Team spirit was good despite the poor performance
4. Replacements must be coming over the hill any time soon???

We can only get better

How I see it

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting comments on the program that when CMS was brought in, he was led to believe his role and position would be different to how it transpired, and after yesterday he has to be angling for a move away now surely. Not starting in favour of a young player making his debut after scoring against Lewes and some other village teams.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's a new low for CMS not getting picked ahead of Fenelon. Both parties have to be looking at a transfer soon if this is our attitude - might we get £1m for him?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's a new low for CMS not getting picked ahead of Fenelon. Both parties have to be looking at a transfer soon if this is our attitude - might we get £1m for him?

Think we'll do well to get £1m. Perhaps swap plus we pay £1m for Baldock.

Someone mentioned Peterboro yesterday, but I really think it was just guesswork.

Last year of contract, reckon we'll take £500k to get him off the wages (if straight cash).

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Please sell him back to Peterborough. He is summed up by the comments made on here on the player ratings - runs around a lot. Sorry that isn't good enough. There is no doubting he seems a lovely chap who can't be blamed for our style not suiting his, but we all need to move on and hopefully recoup some of the massive fee we overpaid for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here