Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS, why?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is he off??? Is he carrying a knock??? Does Sammi just not fancy him???

Fair play to Hyypia for giving Fenelon his debut, the lad was top scorer in pre-season and maybe he felt he deserved it. But first game of the season in front of 26,000 at home. The lad looked out of his depth, like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Or was this Hyypia making a point to the board just how light we are up front? I would have thought breaking Fenelon in gently from the bench was the way forward.

I know CMS has his knockers on here, but no one can deny he is a menace and always gives 100%, the most proven goalscorer at the club and he sits on the bench for 80 mins.....Why???

Spot on. CMS should have started, Fenelon from bench late on, as required (not the CMS performed that well, but he's our best bet at present).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not sure that will prove to be the case

We hadn't heard of Ulloa until he arrived. If the right player is available Bloom will spend the money. Hopefully not on those two you mention either!

I hope your right, but if you think about it, if there was money to spend that team wouldn't have played yesterday. The very fact we are waiting and waiting tells you there is no pot of silver. It's all gone on the training ground. I really hope this is bounced and we spend the 5/6 million we need to on several players. But it isn't going to happen. We will get a couple of loans and a couple of journeymen. That will be it.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I hope your right, but if you think about it, if there was money to spend that team wouldn't have played yesterday. The very fact we are waiting and waiting tells you there is no pot of silver. It's all gone on the training ground. I really hope this is bounced and we spend the 5/6 million we need to on several players. But it isn't going to happen. We will get a couple of loans and a couple of journeymen. That will be it.

If that is it,will it be enough?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

What keeps me hoping is that Bloom has said we can bring players in at the drop of a hat but he is after quality rather than quantity. I'm guessing that our main striker target is also wanted by other clubs so the process is maybe being lengthened by player, agent or their current club. It may never happen of course and we will maybe never know the target but i'm keeping optimistic until at least September 1st!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If that is it,will it be enough?

What do you think? You saw us yesterday, sure Crofts sending off didn't help. But let's not forget that up until that point we hadn't mustered one decent chance. Against a side which I would wager will deffo be bottom six material.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Unfortunately I'm with you. The squad needs some quality additions. The only thing to do now is wait until the end of the window and see what it brings.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What do you think? You saw us yesterday, sure Crofts sending off didn't help. But let's not forget that up until that point we hadn't mustered one decent chance. Against a side which I would wager will deffo be bottom six material.

It was a shocking display yesterday and if that's the best we can muster against very moderate opposition we're going to be in real trouble this season. There is a lot of talk at the club about ambition but when it comes to bolstering the squad we have shown little or no ambition at all. How we can let so many quality players leave without securing suitable replacements smacks of poor management. It may be that the proceeds of our sales has simply been used to balance the books and we now have little or no money left to invest in new players. If so, I can live with this but why don't the club just come clean and say so? It stands to reason, at least to me, that if we were going to invest in some decent players we would have done so before the season started so as to allow players to bed-in etc but let's see what the rest of the month brings. I fear more words and inaction rather than any real strengthening of the team but then again I'm a glass half empty sort of chap. :( And in any case won't most of the decent quality players that are out there now have secured their futures for the coming season?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Is he off??? Is he carrying a knock??? Does Sammi just not fancy him???

Fair play to Hyypia for giving Fenelon his debut, the lad was top scorer in pre-season and maybe he felt he deserved it. But first game of the season in front of 26,000 at home. The lad looked out of his depth, like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Or was this Hyypia making a point to the board just how light we are up front? I would have thought breaking Fenelon in gently from the bench was the way forward.

I know CMS has his knockers on here, but no one can deny he is a menace and always gives 100%, the most proven goalscorer at the club and he sits on the bench for 80 mins.....Why???

Really? Where's the photographic evidence?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It was a shocking display yesterday and if that's the best we can muster against very moderate opposition we're going to be in real trouble this season. There is a lot of talk at the club about ambition but when it comes to bolstering the squad we have shown little or no ambition at all. How we can let so many quality players leave without securing suitable replacements smacks of poor management. It may be that the proceeds of our sales has simply been used to balance the books and we now have little or no money left to invest in new players. If so, I can live with this but why don't the club just come clean and say so? It stands to reason, at least to me, that if we were going to invest in some decent players we would have done so before the season started so as to allow players to bed-in etc but let's see what the rest of the month brings. I fear more words and inaction rather than any real strengthening of the team but then again I'm a glass half empty sort of chap. :( And in any case won't most of the decent quality players that are out there now have secured their futures for the coming season?

Totally spot on, there is nothing to be gained by waiting to bring players in, nothing at all. Just losing points along the way and what for??? To save a few weeks wages I wouldn't wonder. What people must realize is, the more desperate we get, the more the seller/agent will hold all the aces. So it makes no sense what so ever. We either pay up or miss out and get excuses. Which do you believe it will be???

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Might of been Sammi's plan to use him as an impact sub yesterday..... Just a thought.

I wish KLL had been, he was a great impact sub and didn't have the same impact when playing for 90 mins (even though one of our better players yesterday), he wasn't bursting away from defenders.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Totally spot on, there is nothing to be gained by waiting to bring players in, nothing at all. Just losing points along the way and what for??? To save a few weeks wages I wouldn't wonder. What people must realize is, the more desperate we get, the more the seller/agent will hold all the aces. So it makes no sense what so ever. We either pay up or miss out and get excuses. Which do you believe it will be???

I expect more excuses in the future but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought you would like the name!
Yes you do have a right to moan,but some of the
Stuff on here is so negative, be thankful for what we have
It's too early to predict this season, its going to take time
But it's going to come good! !
Mid table for us & im happy with that!

Well I'm bloody not.

Far far weaker team, behind many who have assembled good squads, playing wingbacks with two players not capable of doing it. This 100% committed comment that come from the post match interviews worries me. Crofts deserved his sending off and the ref could easily have sent of Donkey Bruno and Forster-Caskey.

The club bang on about being Premiership ready well they need to start by having a squad of players capable. The future is the here and now, by all means plan for the future with the facilities but with the obvious high costs of running the club, bums on seats are necessary, mid table rubbish doesn't do that.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

The problem is that until the premier league teams declare their squads we are in limbo. Once this is done then we can see the clubs intent. The transfer season doesn't really get going until the last week in August. Teams like city and Chelsea don't get criticised for waiting until the last minute so why do we?

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Well that thought is straight out of the "how to be a shite manager" handbook. Let's hope not eh.

Totally agree I thought our Big Sam got a few things wrong yesterday,especially the omission and/or late introduction of CMS. When we went down to 10 men he brought on 2 guys who you wouldn't want on in the trenches with you and left our workaholic clicking his heels for a few minutes longer. I guess he was trying to improve the ball retention quality but Kemy's distribution was woeful.

The place was very flat yesterday, the North Stand was quiet and lots of fans around me had low expectations about the forthcoming season but that's no surprise. No club can get rid of the quality Vicente, PIG, Bridcutt, Barnes, Orlandi, Upson, Bridge or Ward and Ulloa without suitable replacements in such a small space of time and think we can continue to push for promotion.

The positives I took from yesterday were:

1. Greer was immense and Hughes very tidy
2. Bruno made some outstanding runs
3. Team spirit was good despite the poor performance
4. Replacements must be coming over the hill any time soon???

We can only get better

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The problem is that until the premier league teams declare their squads we are in limbo. Once this is done then we can see the clubs intent. The transfer season doesn't really get going until the last week in August. Teams like city and Chelsea don't get criticised for waiting until the last minute so why do we?

Are you serious??? The transfer window may not get going, but the real season does. IF and that's a massive if, we miss out on the play offs by 4 points, that will be because we waited so long. Same as if we go down by 1 point, it will be because we waited so long. If we were one or even two short you might have a point, but we need half a bloody team....and new players rarely hit the ground running either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here