Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Ulloa

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Whatever we all do, we must write the partnership off now. Do not under any circumstance give them any chance to get used to each other.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Looked ok to me just needed more creativaty in midfied. Vicente and buckley provided that when the game became stretch at the end

- - - Updated - - -

Looked ok to me just needed more creativaty in midfied. Vicente and buckley provided that when the game became stretch at the end

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully Ulloa and Hoskins get to start together on Tues

Would be good to see Hoskins get a decent run of games so we can really see what he can do, with or without Ulloa. We've never had that, all the time Hoskins has been here. OK, he's been injured, but you get the feeling he's now being deliberately given a bit part because the manager splashed far more cash on a player he is desperately hoping will still come good. Though he won't. Well not here, anyway.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Thought the service to the front 2 was poor, how many penetrating balls were played?

This indeed. Also, don't forget that they were up against a solid wall of five defenders most of the match - a VERY good defence at that i might add. The meanest defence on the the road in league i believe.

More game time together needed before I form an opinion I reckon.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Only based on recovery....nothing to do with some of the tripe posted on here

Agree but he's not going to come out and say "I might give Hoskins a start because CMS was gash". Who knows? I'm not one for knocking him but he's been pretty ineffective for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if he made way for Hoskins on Tuesday

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CMS has only fitfully suggested he's worth anywhere near the money we paid for him. He has scored 4 or 5 top class goals since he's been here but today was so typical of what we've come to expect. He just doesn't look consistently dangerous.

I too really hope Gus gives Ulloa and Hoskins a go on Tuesday.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
CMS wasn't that bad, it is something that probably needs to be tuned over the next few games. Also Hull are very good defensively so they were never going to be given lots of space, however when we attacked with speed they seemed to come undone a bit. I thought our chance creation for the strikers wasn't great today but perhaps with Lua Lua or Buckley on in the next couple of matches we could see more goals. Anyway we won and our team played their socks off so there is no need to pick holes where there is not a problem, if it doesn't work in the next few games they can take a new approach but it isn't clear after one game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree but he's not going to come out and say "I might give Hoskins a start because CMS was gash". Who knows? I'm not one for knocking him but he's been pretty ineffective for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if he made way for Hoskins on Tuesday

No you are right he isent going to come out and say he is gash....but then tbh I don't think he was that bad today

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Difficult to judge, as he played the two up top, as everybody has been crying out for. But didn't play with any wingers to provide the crosses. Surely the decision to play the two together, demands at least one wide player to start??? Almost as if Poyet was trying to prove a point. Give the fans what they want, but don't supply the bullets to load the gun. Very strange, still we won so all's well that ends well.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
One and a quarter games and you get this shit, Some people have no patience whatsoever.

2 and a half seasons he has been playing at this level now and he's been shite for 99.9% of that time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One and a quarter games and you get this shit, Some people have no patience whatsoever.
This idea that people have no patience with CMS is well wide of the mark. If anything, most have been too patient with him, certainly compared to other forwards we've seen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Difficult to judge, as he played the two up top, as everybody has been crying out for. But didn't play with any wingers to provide the crosses. Surely the decision to play the two together, demands at least one wide player to start??? Almost as if Poyet was trying to prove a point. Give the fans what they want, but don't supply the bullets to load the gun. Very strange, still we won so all's well that ends well.

Doesn't take wingers to cross a ball...we've 2 attack minded fullbacks who can do that..plus the spaniards....but you are right the win was the most important thing against the side with the best away record in the championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here